When we were seated and the waitress took our drink orders we were told we could go up to the buffet anytime. We took the boys up and got some yummy breakfast food. When we got back to our table I was wishing I would've put more on my plate it was so delicious...but there was too much excitement to go back for more. :)
The boys' favorite food on the buffet was hands down the Mickey waffles. Landon went straight for the ears on his. Grant had a little bit of a melt down...all be it a silent one...below. Poor guy. I got him a waffle and didn't put syrup on it. He usually eats them with syrup at home, so when we got back to the table he said he wanted some. Chad took his plate up and put syrup on his Mickey. In the mean time Landon had picked up his waffle to start biting his ears and Grant was very upset now that his had been syrup-ed he couldn't pick it up. He put his head down on the table, and Chad went up to the buffet to get him another plain Mickey waffle just like how we had started. I love the look of concern on Landon's face in the background of this pic.
Okay....happy waffle eater....we're good now. And then the characters started coming out. Grant was so excited! It was adorable! Donald was the first to come around.
Chad didn't want the stress of being in charge of the pillowcases, so he was the camera man most of the time. It stressed me to give him the camera! But I shouldn't have been worried. He did a great job of course.
After Donald came out, it was Goofy. Goofy is Grant's favorite Disney character. He had him on his birthday cake this past year even. I dressed him in his Goofy shirt for Chef Mickey's and Goofy took notice right away. :) This picture is hilarious. Landon, just waiting awkwardly for Goofy to let go of Grant. Lol!
Here I am showing Goofy the Darth Goofy we had bought the day before and telling him that he's Grant's FAVORITE. He gave Grant another big hug and then was making hearts with his fingers and pointing to Grant. Grant's face was just priceless. I so wish we would've videoed it.
When it was time for Goofy to move on to the next table he hugged Grant in his chair again, and then before he left our dining area he came back for one more hug. It was sooooo cute!
Pluto was next. He was pretty congenial!
He even made Chad get in a picture!
My favorite was after Pluto!! I got my picture all by myself with Minnie...us girls gotta stick together ya know. Landon was worried Minnie was going to kiss him, but he dodged a bullet and Minnie blew a kiss to Grant. ;)
The man himself was our last visitor.
When Mickey got ready to leave Grant leaned over and gave him a kiss. I looked up and poor Chad had already put the camera down. The look I shot him was pretty harsh I'm sure. Mickey motioned for Grant to do it again for the camera and Chad captured the replay. When we left Chad said, 'I'm pretty sure the whole restaurant saw that look you gave me.' :( I felt bad. I was so glad Mickey was a good sport and let Grant do it again.
I left all the boys at the Lego play area for awhile while I scoped out some more shopping.
We found some souvenirs for our parents and nieces. And we bought Grant a new Mickey hat and the characters from Monsters University. Here he is playing with them while Landon went back in the Lego store with Daddy to spend his money.
He came out happy as a clam...but we were all hot and tired and DONE...so when my camera kept focusing on the store behind him instead of his handsome face, I gave up...giving me this picture to end our trip to Downtown Disney. :)
We headed back to the house, grilled some dinner, and played in the pool the rest of the night..and I took my camera off my neck for the evening. We planned out our second day at Hollywood Studios that was coming up the next morning, and Phil (who I gave the nickname Philabuster for the trip) said one of the most memorable quotes of the trip. "I just philabusted this party."
Shortly after Kristi philabusted his party by putting the rum away. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment