| Here's Landon on the sidelines with Coach Mark, his assistant coach, who was from Barbados, not France like the cartoon skunk. |
| Creighton, Chad, and Landon on the first night as Team France |
*It was great for Landon having Chad for a coach. He was way tougher on the field and there was no bribery for McDonald's after the game if he stayed out there like I had to do in recent past games. Facts are facts...and this kid is way tougher for Daddy than he is for me.
*There was A LOT of rain at the beginning of the season which cancelled the first two weeks. So weeks 3 and 4 consisted of two nights a week of games, which made things a little interesting for us. 'Interesting' issue #1 was Landon would be exhausted the next day at school after a night of getting home at 8:15 from soccer resulting in a lot of tears. 'Interesting' issue #2 was that Chad couldn't coach on one of those make up dates because he had a high school game. I offered my help and thought that Coach Mark would be able to take the lead, but after witnessing Coach Mark comfortable on the side lines the first game I was a little hesitant. Luckily Coach Dave (Sandercock) came to Chad's rescue (and MINE!) and helped out with that session.
*Landon had a few goals during the season, but learned a TON. Each week was a different focus, passing, shooting, heading, etc. and he really grew a ton as a little athelte out there. And lucky Mr. Creighton had a hat trick (three goals in one game) the first night!
*Grant was old enough to play in the Little Kicker league this year, but we didn't sign him up. He did however manage to master saying 'Little Kicker' with a great British accent though from listening to Coach Max (SASA's coordinator) and all of us repeat it. We were all impressed with Coach Max's organization and the kids were all mesmerized by him (and frankly so were a lot of the moms...it was the accent! ;)
All in all the season was a big success, and we're looking forward to many more!! Hey, I mean I'm just starting to get my soccer mom chair broken in! (and I'm sure soon I'll get to actually sit in it instead of play on the side line with our 'Little Kicker')
No comments:
Post a Comment