Sunday, December 12, 2010

Trimmin the Tree

Thanksgiving Eve evening is one of my favorite nights of the year. I sooooo look forward to getting our tree out, and it's even more fun now that Landon is getting old enough to be excited about it too. I mean, not to discredit Chad and his level of enthusiasm, but honestly it's just not his thing. He humors me...but he doesn't love it like I do. I'm okay with that. He plays along. We also have a big tradition of watching Christmas Vacation, with Chevy Chase, while we put the tree up.

Well....this is the first year that about 10 minutes in I realized that maybe it wasn't the BEST movie to let my almost four year old watch. In the opening scene when Clark flips the bird and says, "eat my road grit red liver lips," I made the "eeh" face and wondered if we should change the movie in our tradition. Then when the scene with the neighbors came on where the guy yells over, "Hey Griswold, Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big," and Clark replies "Bend over and I'll show ya," we made the rule that if Clark said it, Landon wasn't allowed to. We made it through Christmas Vacation and then opted for Home Alone, where Landon picked up the phrase, "Keep the change ya filthy animal," and I figured, oh well, what the heck.

We put the tree up in stages....Thanksgiving eve...tree and lights, Sunday after Thanksgiving ornaments. Then as I mentioned earlier, we all laid on the couch (once we pulled ourselves off the bathroom floor) and enjoyed the tree and it's beauty for the next four days. :)









No comments: