Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Kutscher Monkeys Part I: The Food and Entertainment

On Saturday, December 4, we had a birthday party for both boys. Landon's first birthday we did in puppies....a little too calm for the G-Man....so we opted for Monkeys. I've called Grant "Curious Grant" for awhile. He is into EVERYTHING and is as cute as a monkey. Perfect theme for the party. We have my friend, Kathryn, to thank for the C-ute with a capital c cupcakes and cakes. But the cake wasn't the only good part of the party.

A few weeks ago, Chad came home from school and said, "Hey, guess what I bought today?" which is always a dangerous way to start a conversation. I said, "uhhh....I don't know," and he said "entertainment for the boys' birthday party." I was intrigued. The National Honor Society at school had an auction where you could buy the services of their many members. Two members of our now state champ football team had put into the auction "child birthday party entertainment." So Chad bought it. I figured, okay, we're doing our part to help the National Honor Society out, and these two guys will come and sit at the birthday party, maybe play some games that I plan, and it'll be cool. Well, let's just say they delivered MUCH more.

These guys were AWESOME. Not only were they great with the kids....they wore costumes (Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat), made balloon animals and swords, they told stories, sang, and were just all around super impressive. I mean it was obvious they had practiced their songs and stories and everything. I felt guilty there were only a handful of kids, all of whom were too young to even realize they were being entertained by state champ football players that kids are idolizing at the moment in Rochester. Riley and Dan, kudos to you guys! And if you're a Rochester community member reading this and you're looking for entertainment at a birthday party, call these boys up....they're looking to start doing this as a biz....and they will not disappoint.



There's a snippet video of the end of "Five Little Monkeys" here...just to give you a taste of the fun that was had!























No comments: