Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Zoo...The Zoo...WHY do we still try to go to the zoo?!?!





















So the day after the Magic House (which I'm realizing now, I still haven't blogged) we decided to go the zoo. WHHYYYY we still try to go to the zoo is beyond me. EVERYTIME we go to the zoo, it is so flippin hot even, the animals are begging for popsicles. Well, this trip was no exception. Chad really wanted to see the US vs. Slovenia game, (which I totally understand...US soccer is important to him...not gonna take that away. It was a big game) SO, he dropped us off at the zoo at 8:30. The first hour, both boys were a dream. Grant napped, Landon marched around looking at the animals, jumping over the cracks in the side walk. At 9:30 we met my friend Julie, and her little guy, Scott. Scott broke his femur a few weeks ago and was in a gi-normous cast, and he's two. Poor guy. About 10:30 things took a turn for the worse. EVERYONE was hot and sweaty. There was a catastrophe with some Goldfish snacks that got spilled. Popsicle was melting and dripping on everyone, I stepped in gum and the boys kept teetering back and forth between both wanting to ride in the stroller to both wanting to be carried. I'm one woman, people. The zoo tripped SUCKED.

Chad was going to come in and meet us, but when he called I was so hot I was not even thinking clearly enough to tell him where we were. He said do you just want me to pull up and you come out....YEEEESSSSSS!!! We'll be there in five.


I snapped some cute pictures and here are my thoughts: You know when it's April and we're just waiting and waiting for it to warm up and feel like spring. THAT'S when we should go to the zoo. NOT when summer is already here and the gorillas are so hot they're fanning each other with banana peels.

No comments: