Sunday, June 20, 2010

Landon's First Trip to the Dentist



So a few weeks ago (June 8), Landon had his first trip to the dentist. We started prepping him for the ordeal 6 months ago when we took him with us to our dentist just to watch. Good thing we were talking about it early, because I just happened to call on June 7 to see when we could get in, and the appointment was made for the next day! How often does that happen?

Since it was a Tuesday, I wasn't able to go. We have Abby on Tuesdays, and while we could've loaded all three kids up in two vehicles and paraded to the appointment, I chose to hang back with the other two, while Daddy and Landon headed to see Dr. Willard. Dr. Willard was Chad's dentist when he was a little guy...and up until he was 18.

Landon decided to take his leopard, Mr. Pa-Paw (Landon named him...like I need to say that) with him. I told him he was going to have to be brave because Mr. Pa-Paw was probably a little nervous about seeing a dentist, what with all the teeth leopards have. Well he picked that right up and started talking to Mr. Pa-Paw about how it would be okay, and didn't really say much about how he was gonna feel about being prodded around on. Here he is, headed out the door. This is the pose he struck when I asked how he was going to show Dr. Willard his teeth.


So one thing with Landon is, when he's on he's on...and when he's not, well, he's not. Luckily for us, he was ON at Dr. Willard's office. Chad reported he had all of the hygentists swooning and eating out of his hand. Shocker, right? Here he is with Dr. Willard, wearing the glasses to protect his eyes from the bright lights.

Chad comes home and says, "Well, he did great. But they didn't do anything to him." I guess on the first trip you don't really get a cleaning. It's more of an orientation to the dentist's office. That's nice! He's excited to go back...at least this time. :) He told the hygentist, that when he got done that Dr. Willard was going to give him candy. Well, she set him straight on that idea pretty quickly. He did get quite the goody bag though. He was so excited to show me all the stuff he got as soon as he walked in the door. I turned the camera on a few seconds in. The video is below. Prepare yourself for a very DETAILED list of everything that was in his goody bag. :)

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

The video is not working for me!!!! Three seconds in and it stops. Must know what is in goody bag.