Sunday, May 30, 2010

Volunteering to Help out With Bathtime? This One Requires a Poncho

Oh Grant Jeffrey. You know how God knows just what you need? I was very concerned when I was expecting Grant that he (or she at the time) may be born a little tightly wired and high maintenance considering the stress he/she endured before born. Well, the extra stress had the opposite effect on our little Grant. He is the EASIEST baby anyone could ever imagine. He has smiles for everyone, loves to snuggle, is a good sleeper, and is adorable to top it off. EASY where it counts. There are a couple of minor things that he makes a little more difficult, but we'll just chalk these things up to personality....LIKE

He is a challenge to feed from a spoon still. He wasn't crazy about cereal to start with, but oh well. Who likes to eat liquid sandpaper? But even veggies and meats now...not really into it that much. He'll eat it, but it usually requires a performance of some kind and entails a lot of spitting, blowing, and smearing. UGH. Really bad news when it's carrots. Oh the stains.

And bath time...oh my goodness. We're calling Grant our little Michael Phelps. I think he may be a swimmer in the future. May not quite have the wing span of Michael Phelps, and he sure as heck better not have the same illegal hobbies either, but he's really taken to the water. Here's a picture of the aftermath, and a video below. It's a little dark...apologies.





Some of the things Grant loves:
*Stella. His eyes follow her everywhere, and if she gets close, he's really interested. Look out Stella. In a few months, this little guy is gonna be hot on your trail to pull your wrinkles.

*his crinkly book that Sara, Tom, Connor and Maddy sent, (He's well on his way to being a scholar. :) and his seahorse that Grandpa and Grandma Kutscher bought for his Easter Basket.

*his bottle and binky.

*his toes, as you can see above.

and number one on his list...
*his big brother. Landon cracks Grant up. These two are quite the pair and I'm positive they'll get along as well throughout their entire lives. Okay, I'm not that naive, but I'm enjoying it now. As soon as Grant starts crawling and getting into "Landon's" stuff, I'm sure things won't be so peaceful. I do have high hopes of them being best buddies though.

Okay, here's the above mentioned dark video.






1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ya know what I realized today? Your Grant Jeffrey is almost six months old and I haven't met him yet. Le sigh. It looks promising that this will change this summer!