Saturday, May 8, 2010

Landon's First Report Card




Landon had his last day of school this week. School's not really over until next week, but he has his surgery to remove his port on Monday and climbing on playground equipment is probably not something he should be doing with one day old stitches in his chest. On his last day, they celebrated his half birthday. He picked out popsicles with ice cream in the middle for his treat. Here he is with his teachers, Mrs. Tokgoz and Mrs. Ayers. His birthday celebration page had some question/answer things on it.

Landon's favorite toy is a guitar.
Landons favorite food is pizza.
Landon likes to go to the pizza house.
Landon is very good at guitars.
Landon's favorite T.V. show is Everyone's Hero.
Okay, just a couple of comments about these answers. He's NEVER been to the "pizza house." (aka Papa Johns). We just drive by it and talk about ordering delivery. Number two, he is REALLY into this guitar business. He was rocking out with ACDC on the HDnet channel the other night. He puts on nightly concerts for us, and Grant especially enjoys the performances. (It's really our only hope of getting any cereal down the child....when he's distracted by his show off brother. ) He even stops playing and orders us to "throw up our rock fists." Entertaining with a capital E. "Everyone's Hero" is a cute little baseball movie that he absolutely loves. He re-inacts scenes from it all the time. Also, entertaining.

We got Landon's first report card sent home last week, too. He knows all his shapes, colors, body parts, letters, numbers...you know....all the standard stuff. We need to practice cutting and his enthusiasm about doing school projects isn't really up to snuff. BUT he is three so I'm not too concerned. Honestly I've only let him cut a couple of times and he isn't usually too interested. Huh. Yup, I think that's a pretty valid assessment.

I have noticed though that he's started recognizing our names in print. We've made Miis of everyone in the family and he spends a lot of time on the Wii selecting and reselecting people and looking at their names. I think this summer I'm going to see if I can get him a little more interested in writing and cutting. And see if maybe we can work on reading some simple words. I know he can, since he's reading our names. We'll see if he's interested though. I'm not going to push it.

The same day as the report card, we got Landon's Mother's Day picture of me and what he told his teachers about me. Here's a picture of the picture....and here's what the caption says:
"My mom loves to vacuum. She says, "Stella! Get off the rug!!" She likes to go to Wal-Mart. She likes to do taggies." That's a little embarrassing. Obviously, I don't LOVE to vacuum and go to Wal-Mart. But I'm sure he said the Stella thing, just like I do, and it's not pretty. I've got to work on my tone when I speak to that dog. If she'd just stay off the corner of the area rug we would be fine, but gosh darn it if her and I just don't go round about that.

No comments: