It's been so long since I've had time to blog I don't even know where to start. We are surviv
ing the end of the soccer season and the end of the school year...and I do mean surviving.....one day at a time.So briefly just to sum up some highlights of the last few weeks:
Grant's moved on to squash and sweet potatoes. He seems to like them much better than cereal. He'll eat oatmeal now, but he doesn't like it. And you can just forget about getting any rice down him. It's not happenin'.
Just this week he has started actually opening his mouth when he's offered vegetables. Before it was a two man operation. He never opened his mouth and you've never seen a head that small move around so much. Trying to hit a moving target is hard enough,
but he also flailed his arms everywhere to block the spoon. Talk about a challenge! Often times....this is what we looked like after about three successful bites.He's also outgrowing baths in the sink. He kicks and straightens his legs and if you didn't have a hand on the top of his head, he was "bonking his concus" on the stainless steel sink. He's not quite big enough for the bath seat yet. But with some help he can sit in it. He continues to lose his beautiful head of hair, and what's coming back is blonde. Who would've ever thought we'd see this kid's scalp.

He's spending more time on the floor, and evidently wants to be on the floor more often than we let him. Here he is climbing out of his bouncy seat...on his own.
Last week, we left Grant in his swing while Chad and I were getting ready to go out to dinner. I came back in the living room and Grant was on the floor underneath the swing.
I said, "Landon, did you get Grant out of his swing?"
Landon said, "No." I said, "Did you pick him up?" Landon said, "I didn't pick him up, Mom." I said, "You're not going to be in trouble, Landon. Just tell me the truth." His response, "Mom, I don't HAVE the truth." I gave up at this point, because I couldnt' talk about it with a straight face and it was pretty evident he wasn't going to fess up. Awhile later, I put Grant back in the swing and said, "Huh. I just can't imagine how he could've gotten out of there all by himself." Landon says, "Well he didn't do it by himself Mom. I helped him." I said, "But you didn't pick him up?"
He said, "No, I HELPED him." Guess I wasn't asking the right questions.Grant spends a lot of time sitting on the counter in his Bumbo seat. I thought this thing was a total gimick with Landon. He never sat in it. Everytime I put him in it, he arched his back and I was afraid he was going to fall out. Grant has more than gotten our money's worth out of it. Here he is waging war on the paper towel holder on the counter. He had it down for the count.


In other miscellaneous two weeks ago news, Chad got his championship ring from winning the state tournament. Here's Landon modeling it for you, with some help. And Chad's friend Bryan is home visiting from Thailand. He came over to visit and to share some pictures with Mr. Kutscher, the geography teacher...and of course to watch some soccer and have a beverage. :)
Landon has all kept us on our toes the last few weeks. He came back to Vella's after school one day a couple of weeks ago, jumped up on the couch, kicked his shoes off, and said dramatically, "Awww, Vella. My dogs are barkin." That night at dinner I asked him how school was and he said:
"Mom....guess what I said to Hadley today? I said 'Bow chicka wow wow!' to her and she cracked up." Oh. My. Goodness. Chad immediately looked down at his plate and didn't look up for awhile. The other day he was bowling on the Wii and missed the pins. He said, "d!*n" under his breath. I said, "What did you say?" He said, "oh...I said mush. Mushy, mushy, mush. (in a singing voice).
I loaded these videos on so long ago I didn't even remember what they were. The first is Landon cracking Grant up, which happens on a daily basis. The second is Grant laying in his bed singing, like he does most mornings....sometimes for a half hour or so. How EASY is this kid??! And the third is Grant reaching for Landon's fruity wrapper. We didn't get the best part of it. While Landon was eating the fruities, Grant was working really hard to get a hold of it. First he grabbed Landon's arm in attempt to hold it still. When he finally got the wrapper it was empty. It's funny to watch him work really hard at trying to grab something. Landon's being a stinker in this video too. You'll get a glimpse of how well he's listening and following directions these days. UGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment