Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Time at the Bowling House


Landon has been begging to go to the "bowling house" (a.k.a. the bowling alley) since we got the Wii in November. Everytime we drive by one, and he sees the bowling pins on the sign, he asks, "Can I go to the bowling house TODAY?" He FINALLY got to go on Friday. We decided a few weeks before his surgery that it would be a good thing to do the weekend after as a little celebration, and a good memory to make. So...here are the memories!
We met Landon's little friend Charli, and her mom Kristi at the bowling alley. Charli is a little shy, and had to be bribed with a sucker to participate in the first few frames, but she got onto it pretty quick. They were so cute taking turns. Landon would hold Charli's sucker for her while she bowled. And believe it or not, that sucker was never dropped!
I don't remember bowling too many times as a kid. But I do know that the times I did, there were no ramps to roll the ball down to give the ball the momentum to get to the end of the lane. Landon called it a "ball slide," which is exactly what it looked like. The first few times we did it the old fashion way though. Just put it down and gave it a push. Chad had the privilege of doing the first few turns. Here's one of the few times I assisted. Can I tell you how thankful I am that this picture isn't from the rear view. I'll tell ya one thing...if it were....it wouldn't be on here. ;)





























After we finished our one game of bowling...probably the longest game of bowling played by only two players...EVER... the kids "played" arcade games (minus the quarters ;) Grant was awake the whole time we were at the bowling alley, but was pretty much just along for the ride. After we finished there, we headed to Godfather's and had some pizza. Here's Grant being the happy-go-lucky baby he is. How cute is he with his Daddy? That's rhetorical of course....no one can really measure the cuteness. But if you could, it'd be a very high level of cuteness.












Here's a video of the first ball rolled!









No comments: