Enough wasting time when I have so much to cover. I've told SO many people that I don't think that I've EVER looked forward to summer vacation as much as I have this year. Don't get me wrong. I had a sweet, adorable, smart, and super behaved class this year. I truly was sad to hug them goodbye on Friday. I had been telling them that I was going to try hard not to cry, and kidding with them. But as the RES staff stood in the bus parking lot waving good bye to all of the honking buses, I really did tear up a little. I loved my kids this year.

That being said, here's the understatement of the year. I NEED A BREAK. I am very much looking forward to a summer of relaxing and fun...and some productivity, too. We still haven't really "finished" our kitchen remodel from last year. All our old cabinets are taking up every corner of the basement, making it nearly impossible to even walk through with a load of laundry. We need some closure on some other projects, too....like perhaps the landscaping lights Chad bought me for my birthday...TWO years ago. Sad. Sad. Sad. But before, I even begin to tackle these summer items, I have some catching up to do. Buckle your seat belt. Here we go....
LANDON...does this NOT look like the kid from Jerry McGuire?! Landon found my old glasses from high school the other day and I just had to snap some pictures.
The pictures are perfect, too for the following stories. This week I started a list on the fridge of words that he used that impressed me. Here they are:
*actually, delicate, expensive, protect, favor (as in, "Hey Mommy, can you do me a favor?" hilarious), probably, arguing, bending, important, and characters. He also really impressed all of us at dinner the other night. I knew he could spell his name. After doing a perfect
performance of L-A-N, D-O-N for Uncle Scotty. Uncle Stallion (I believe it was) said, "Good. Let's hear you spell Kutscher," being a smartie pants. We all laughed, and the little stink did it! I said, "What did he say?" The response, "I believe he just spelled Kutscher." He DID! I know I'm totally biased, but I think he's the smartest kid in the world. ;)He has been such a big boy the last couple of weeks...going to lay down for a nap by himself, repeated performances of cleaning his plate (with pasta, carrots, cauliflower, chicken...REAL FOOD, not Cheetos!), being a fantastic big brother, and helping in the yard. We're so proud of our number one little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment