Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our DJ Lance Rock and the Support of an Awesome Community


So our little man was DJ Lance Rock for Halloween. I realize most of you have not had the pleasure of seeing DJ Lance Rock, but you can still appreciate the sheer ridiculous-ness of this costume. I'm including a picture of the real DJ Lance below Landon's picture, which makes Landon's costume even more ridiculous looking. DJ Lance Rock is the host of the show Yo Gabba Gabba on Nick Jr. I tell people that have never seen the show, that it's like Teletubbies but almost weirder. It's got that hypnotic power over kids that us adults just can't seem to get. (THANK GOODNESS!) If you're bored, search DJ Lance Rock on You Tube. He's a trip...or maybe I should say he acts like he's on one. My internet bought costume didn't seem to meet the standard set last year with the homemade bird costume, but next year I'll be back on my game....and I'll have two little bundles of joy to dress up. Ooooh! So exciting! Just another thing to look forward to!



Here's DJ Landon Rock with our niece Abby, the bumble bee. Don't they both look thrilled? This is what happens when you try to take a nap in the middle of trick or treating. Both of them cashed out on the way to Grandpa and Grandma's house.


Before we hit Grandpa and Grandma's house , we stopped to see Vella, the Nudings and the Coxs. Here's Landon posing with the boys at the Nuding house. Landon loves Drew and Sam both. He's spent a few days with the Nudings when LaVella has been unable to keep Landon. Landon calls Drew, Drew the Rocket. He was a senior on this year's soccer team. Sam is one of his big boy buddies he plays with at the games. Andrew Verderber was also a senior on this year's team. He should've made the "Deep thoughts by Landon Kutscher" part of the blog a few weeks ago, but I forgot to put it on. While we were sitting at the dinner table one night, Landon said, "Dad, pull my finger." Chad looked at me and I at him with a look like where did this come from. When Chad pulled his finger, Landon said, "Ew. You stink." We both cracked up and Chad asked where he had heard that. His reply: "Andrew Verderber." Andrew, out of commission with a back injury and entertained Landon that night during soccer practice, and I guess taught him a thing or two about manhood. Nice work, Andrew. :)
And, talking about these two reminds me that I should update you readers on the soccer season, although we've spent the majority of the week trying not to think about it. The boys got beat Tuesday night in the sectional final against Peoria Christian. I'm not going to go into too many details about the game, because a) I wasn't there and b) those who were there do not want to relive it. Let's just leave it to say that it sucks to play four games in a row in flippin torrential down pours on fields that are more like lakes than soccer fields. AND that no matter how the season ended, this group of senior boys will forever be remembered and remembered fondly. To say we were all disappointed is an understatement. I think Landon may have said it best when I told him the boys had lost the game, he said, "The Rockets lost? (sigh) Just like the Cardinals." Sometimes I guess the good guys don't always win. Our boys are still winners in our book though.

Landon had another treatment on Friday and has done remarkably well this weekend. He didn't feel so hot on Friday evening, but by Saturday was doing pretty good. Today he did pretty well too, and in extreme conditions for a two year old. This afternoon was the benefit that some of the community members here in Rochester put together. I brought my camera, but it left my purse once near the beginning of the afternoon and that was it. Here are the kiddos playing in the leaves, giggles all around.
Saying that we were overwhelmed by the number of people at the fundraiser would be like saying we've had just a little tiny bit of rain here in the last week. We knew it would be impossible to talk to everyone there, but we had no idea of just how many people would actually be there. Before we left to go to the benefit, we wrote a thank you that we put at the door, and I'm going to put it on here, too because I'm sure not everyone read it. And even if you weren't at the benefit, there are so many people we feel so grateful to for all of their support. We could have thousands of thank you notes printed and still not have enough, but want everyone to know how much your prayers and support have meant.
Friends and Family,
Since we know it will be impossible for us to talk to all of you personally today, we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your support. From the first day of Landon's diagnosis up to today (when we only have 2 treatments left!) we've been so overwhelmed by the support of our family, friends, and community. When something like this shakes your world, there's always the question of why. But through this we've come to realize how true it is that God won't give you anything you can't handle with Him. And we've also learned how blessed we are to have all of you to pull us through. Though the words don't seem to be enough...
Thank you for your prayers.
Thank you for your support.
Thank you for your love.
and Thank you for getting us through the most difficult time we've ever faced.
We are blessed beyond what we've ever known and we are so grateful.
Love,
The Kutschers
Deep Thoughts, by Landon Kutscher:
After Chad raised his voice at Landon to stop his whining this afternoon, Landon quietly from the other side of the table said, "Don't shout at me. People don't shout at me. Shouting isn't nice." Chad came back with something like, "don't whine and I won't shout."
Last night, while driving through multiple subdivisions in our attempt to put DJ Lance Rock to sleep, Landon says, "Hey Dad, stop, that's a stop sign. A stop sign is an octagon." Chad said, "Alright, we're going home. He's not going to sleep."

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Megan, your blog is great, you are such a great writer!I am so happy to hear Landon is doing well and has only 2 treatments left!Your family continues to be our prayers!
Love,
Adam and Jodi

The Reynolds Family said...

We had the Benefit on the social calander, but as you can tell from today, Grace was starting to get sick and I didn't think anyone there needed any risks. Glad to hear it was a good turnout!
Melanie