Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boys' (and Dog's?!) Day Out Equals One Happy Mama!


Quiz: Who is this man with Landon? Ah, ah, ah....be careful before you answer. Chad, Landon, AND Stella went to watch Uncle Scotty's soccer game this afternoon. It's always been apparent that Chad and Scott are brothers. But seriously....I mean, I'm married to Chad and I look at this picture and do a double take. The older Scott gets, the more he looks like Chad. Scotty, consider yourself a lucky man. Not everyone can live as charmed of a life as Mr. Chad Kutscher.

Okay, so back to MY FANTABULOUS DAY! Chad decided to a) give Stella a bath and b) take Landon AND Stella out to Scotty's soccer game all afternoon. I sat here on the couch for a little while without a sound....not even a snoring bulldog to listen to. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, and then....I took a nap. What a day! What a day!

Also today I finished up several taggies, and I'm posting a couple....for two reasons. One this is the only picture I have for the blog this week because Sony has our camera (and will have for 4 weeks....wah, wah, wah. I have a friend who has an extra camera and graciously let us borrow it. I'm so lucky to have such good girlfriends!) And two, because they're stinkin' cute! This first one I made for our school nurse's granddaughter to be. We're calling it the Diva, because that's how she described her daughter, and nothing says Diva like pink and black. The second one, you may say is a waste of a perfectly good blanket. That's right, that's Cub fleece on the back of the Cardinals fleece. This blanket is going to a home divided. A Mom that's a Cardinal fan (and a very smart lady) and a Dad that's, well......you know. Let's hope that if the baby feels the need to make a mess on the blanket, that he picks the right side to do it on.

Mom came up on Saturday to help with laundry, cleaning and what not. You know, eventually, I'm gonna have to start doing some of this stuff on my own again. Maybe I'm the one leading the charmed life over here. I have been wondering (not really worrying) about how Landon will do having a new baby around. Maybe instead of concerning my head with that, I should be wondering how I myself am going to handle doing all my own cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping again. Hmmmm.....maybe I'm not in a hurry for December to get here. Nevermind. Scratch that. I'm ready.

Before I go into the several Deep Thought quotes this week, I feel the need to let you know (just in case you missed it on Entertainment Tonight...I know, I know.....I promise, that we normally don't watch the smutty show, but it was on the other night when I was cooking dinner and this caught my attention). Guess who else dressed up as DJ Lance for Halloween this year? Mr. Brad Pitt. That's right, Landon Kutscher and Brad Pitt. (I would've been more excited about this pre Angelina and pre dred lock beard, but oh well)
So Landon's filled our week with quotable moments. Enjoy!
Landon comes running in our bedroom where I am, from the kitchen, yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Guess what? I squished a ladybug!" I said, "Oh. I bet we need to wash your hands." He says, "No I just used my finger."
Wednesday night, after a tearful good bye to our camera at Best Buy (just kidding...kinda) we went to dinner at Olive Garden. We got out of the car, and Landon asked, "What's this house?" I said, "This is the Olive Garden." He said, "Where the garden at Children's Hospital? I don't like this Garden."
One morning this week Landon woke up early and was his normal NOT a MORNING PERSON self. He was whining and crying and wanted to watch a movie. After I got him settled on the couch, I told him I was going to go get in the shower and I would send Daddy out to snuggle with him on the couch. He starts the crying again and says, "No! No! I don't want to snuggle with Daddy!" I said, "Why not? That's not very nice." He said, "Daddy takes off his shirt." I laughed and told him I'd be sure to send him out with a shirt on. I don't know what the kid would do if Chad was actually hairy.
One of Landon's library books this week was a Halloween word book. He opened it to a page with a haunted house and said, "Oooh. Look. It's a creepy house. It's a creepy house with bats. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

No comments: