Sunday, November 15, 2009

Musical Education and Infatuation with a Can Opener


This week was a nice little break from the routine. We only had kids Monday and Tuesday at school this week. We got to stay home on Wednesday in honor of our Veterans and then we had conferences on Thursday all day/evening and Friday morning. When we scheduled conferences I was thinking every Friday would be a chemo day for Landon so I only scheduled my parents on Thursday thinking it would be an easy day to take off to make the trip to St. Louis and not have to leave my kids with a sub. Turns out, it wasn't a chemo day and so on Friday, I drug myself to school in my sweat pants, closed my door and worked on organizing my plans and classroom for a sub. SWEET!!!

Since we had a little extra time in the weekend, we headed to Belleville and visited with Andy and Sherry. Landon got a little exposure to some musical culture from Andy. Here he is doin' a little strummin'. If I would've had my bleepity bleep camera I could've provided you with a much entertaining video of Landon and Andy singing their very own blues song entitled, "I don't like it." On Landon's list of things he didn't like: brushing his teeth with toothpaste, going pee pee on the potty, and going to bed. Andy's very short list: going to work when he's tired. :) Along with trying out the guitar, Landon was pretty good on the harmonica (well, ALL the harmonicas, he felt the need to try out all of the different keys) and enjoyed singing in the microphone. This weekend shed some light on some good Christmas gifts for Landon....which we were struggling with since when you ask him what he wants his response is: "I don't want ANYTHING."

Sherry and I shared pregnancy woes and hoped that we wouldn't break the porch swing by surpassing its weight limit. She's due November 28, and I'm due December 16. We've decided we're going to have the babies on the same day....(sh~yeah....as if we have a choice in the matter). There was also a little discussion about how it would be kinda funny (for us) if the Kutschers and the Brunners both had boys who could torment/date Kallie Ninnis and Victoria Zobrist (daughters of other college friends). I know Kallie and Victoria's dads would not find this as amusing as we do. (It's okay for us to laugh about this now....we don't have daughters to worry about....YET).


I'm always amazed at Landon and how he makes connections between things that aren't really obvious. A few weeks ago when Landon was helping me in the kitchen, I pulled out the One Touch can opener and he said, "Hey! It's Wall-E's Eva!" He helped me with the chili tonight and was most excited when Eva made an appearance. Here he is posing with her. If you haven't seen the Disney movie "Wall-E" google it, you'll see why Landon thinks the can opener looks like Eva.....it definitely DOES.

Maternity leave countdown is officially on. 13 school days and counting is what I've put in to teach. If however, I survive Pilgrim chore day this week and Pilgrim Indian feast day next week, and I decide that I've hung as long as I can hang, I'm checking out early. My legs are swelling and my patience are thin. Not a good combo for the kiddos. I go next Monday afternoon for our sonogram to see how big Baby Dos is. Although I'm not putting a lot of stock in what they say. I've heard so many stories about how the sonogram estimates on baby weights have been way off. What I'm really hoping for is for one of two things, and I'm not really sure which I prefer to hear, but one of the following would be nice: 1) Wow, Megan! It looks like you're dilated to 2-3 cms already. Stay close, you could go into labor. or 2) How about if we put this delivery via c-section on the calendar for, oh let's say, Friday, December 4. I promise to post a preggie pic next week....maybe it'll be the LAST one....then we can post baby pictures instead. Much more fun to look out than a belly pic.

Landon's quote of the week:
Chad took Landon to McDonald's for breakfast on Friday morning after having his weekly bloodwork done at Springfield clinic. Later that afternoon he went with me to Hobby Lobby. Right next to Hobby Lobby is a McDonald's. Landon says: "Hey, Mommy! Look! There's McDonald's! Daddy took me to McDonald's this morning, so now it's your turn to go with me!"

1 comment:

Rebecca Mohler said...

Megan,
I can not believe how close your due date is. I had to chuckle when I read that you are hoping to be 2-3 cm dilated. I don't want to rain on your parade, but I was dilated to 2-3cm for about 3-4 weeks with Laney. I ended up a c-section, and that is why I will be scheduling a repeat for a week before my due date this time around. Anyway, I can not wait to find out if Landon has a little brother or sister. Miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Rebecca