So here I am as promised. 36 weeks...ready for action. :) If I get much bigger I may just tip over. I am Ready with a capital R. Doing anything but laying down pretty much just wears me out. I thought carrying Landon was painful at the end because he was hanging out in my rib cage. The other extreme is much worse now that I have something to compare it to. I can't wait to sit down and stand up and feel like a normal person doing it. Healthy circulation is such a blessing people. Be thankful if your circulatory system isn't under stress. I'm hoping I'm not going to need any surgical procedures to right my system after this is all over. That may be more information than some of you want to hear, so I'll stop with that....you're welco
me.
me. So, as I've divulged previously on the blog, I'm a little bit of an organization/neat freak. As I'm typing this, I'm looking at the bottom of this preggie pic and seeing one of Landon's bowls and something else on the floor in our kitchen....IN the picture. To say that this pregnancy has slowed me down would be the understatement of the year. But that hasn't really stopped me from longing for the perfectly clean and organized home and classroom. Nesting hit hard this week both here and at school. After I survived Pilgrim chores (with lots of help from parent volunteers...who are extremely awesome) I decided on a whim it was time to rearrange the kids desks....AND the rest of the classroom except my desk and the library which there's no way I could move anyway. I'
ve also spent the last hour of my evening typing up SUB PLANS!! (YAY!) and random information that my replacement will need to know. On the home front I haven't been able to be as active. At this point in my pregnancy with Landon, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our kitchen floor begging that it would put me into labor. We all know that didn't pan out. Being on my hands and knees right now is not even a possibility. So I've resorted to forcing others into doing my nesting for me. My Mom has been like a servant to me the last two months anyway. This weekend was no exception....grocery shopping, laundry, vacuuming, mopping, etc. Dad came with her too and got all kinds of stuff done with Chad...the rest of the undercabinet lighting is up, our outside lights (which we have owned for 2 years) are now installed along with our new garage door openers YAHOO!, pictures have been hung and the baby cradle has been moved upstairs. That's some pretty serious things checked off the to do list. Mom and I also got my Uppercase Living designs put on the window frames in the living room (lovely, right?) and some Chris
tmas shopping items taken care of....not as much as I would've liked, but I couldn't hang like I normally do. The rest of my shopping will most likely be done online.
ve also spent the last hour of my evening typing up SUB PLANS!! (YAY!) and random information that my replacement will need to know. On the home front I haven't been able to be as active. At this point in my pregnancy with Landon, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our kitchen floor begging that it would put me into labor. We all know that didn't pan out. Being on my hands and knees right now is not even a possibility. So I've resorted to forcing others into doing my nesting for me. My Mom has been like a servant to me the last two months anyway. This weekend was no exception....grocery shopping, laundry, vacuuming, mopping, etc. Dad came with her too and got all kinds of stuff done with Chad...the rest of the undercabinet lighting is up, our outside lights (which we have owned for 2 years) are now installed along with our new garage door openers YAHOO!, pictures have been hung and the baby cradle has been moved upstairs. That's some pretty serious things checked off the to do list. Mom and I also got my Uppercase Living designs put on the window frames in the living room (lovely, right?) and some Chris
tmas shopping items taken care of....not as much as I would've liked, but I couldn't hang like I normally do. The rest of my shopping will most likely be done online. 
Captain Land-o had his second to last chemo treatment on Friday. Only ONE left to go!! YAHOO! He totally faked us out too, because he got up Saturday morning feeling like a champ....ate some crackers, played outside, assisted with outdoor lighting installation, etc. But in the afternoon went to Lowe's with Daddy and Grandpa Jeff and proceded to lose his lunch....in Daddy and Grandpa's hands. (they tried to catch it all...poor guys....all three of em). He was better last night, and by 10:00 was fully recovered and ate 3/4 of a piece of pizza and half a waffle. He only stopped because I shut him down and put him to bed. Today he's been draggy, but just put away a hot dog bun and some water. I'd say he's just about past this one, too. We're almost
there!!! The finish line is in sight! Here is the little guy taking a shower with Daddy this afternoon, and sporting one of his pretend hats with Grandpa....who himself is showing off the safari hat from the collection.
there!!! The finish line is in sight! Here is the little guy taking a shower with Daddy this afternoon, and sporting one of his pretend hats with Grandpa....who himself is showing off the safari hat from the collection. Earlier today we had a baby shower for Chad's cousins Brian and Sara Jane. Sara is due January 12 with their first pumpkin....a boy. Here are both of the bellies at the shower today and all the girls from the fam.

Right after the shower, I ran home, picked up the boys and headed to our church for a fundraiser for Little Nate Stuckey who is fighting leukemia. We didn't buy anything from the silent auction, but put all our donations towards raffle tickets for a Wii.....and Ta Da! Chad's the proud owner of a new gaming system. SCORE! Watch for Little Nate updates on our prayer list. I'm vowing to do a better job of keeping that up to date.
So tomorrow is our big sonogram appointment. Here's what we're hoping for: a healthy baby report (of course) and a c-section scheduled, on the calendar, for a date within two weeks. I'll let you know how we fare. Oooh! And good news...the Geek Squad phoned yesterday to inform us that our camera is ready to be picked up! Return of the videos....NEXT WEEK! (hopefully)
Landon's quote of the week:
The new "Cat in the Hat" with Mike Meyers was on last night on TBS. We turned it on for a few minutes for Landon. He asked, "What's this movie?" We said, "It's The Cat in the Hat." He said totally shocked like we were insane, "Cats don't wear HATS!"

2 comments:
We watched The Cat in the Hat, too! Emily LOVED it....and she then learned that if the cat can bounce and jump on furniture, she can too! That was awesome! ;) Despite all of your pregnancy woes, you look great!! I hope your appointment went well today!
WOW! I can't wait to hear details about your appointment. I hope you got the news you wanted.
Congrats on the Wii! I'm SO jealous. We've been wanting one of those & using the excuse that a Wii Fit would be good for us. Maybe we'll find a major after-Christmas sale.
I agree with Liz. You DO look great even if you feel miserable...sorry about that. 8-)
I've been meaning to tell you "What a small world!" Your little friend Nate on the prayer list is our friend Lisa's cousin!
Speaking of your prayer list, thanks for keeping Tim & I on it. We're still praying for a miracle, but you can also add something about making the right decisions. I'm REALLY ready to start exploring other options. Momma ain't gettin' any younger, ya know! 8-) Let us know about your appointment! Love ya!
Post a Comment