
Put on your party hats! It's the 100th post on Keepin' Up with the Kutschers! Sound your party horns.....NOW!
Unfortunately, I have nothing really exciting or celebratory to report....well, I could have something to celebrate tomorrow, but right now we don't know if we should celebrate or be disappointed. We'll find out tomorrow whether Landon is already more than halfway done with chemo, or if we're just going to be taking a two week vacation from treatments. (More explanation on the side-bar) We're not quite ready to celebrate yet.
Here's Landon at the library. We had started going over the summer, but hadn't been in awhile until a couple of weeks ago. He loves it there...and loves to read the books we check out. He insists on turning his books in himself, so I took a picture of the little guy by the big door this week.

Landon had a rough week this week....no sleep, feeling icky, tummy trouble, nightmares...you name it. By Thursday I was an exhausted, frazzled mess and ended up coming home at 11:00 and laying on the couch until 4:00. The night before we got about an hour and a half to two hours of sleep and every night before that no more than 4 to 5 hours. He handled chemo well again on Friday. We went to the Homecoming parade and game. Landon was not at all interested in riding the float with the boys this year. Too much for one day I guess....plus they were right behind the firetrucks....too loud. Here are Charli, Landon, Addy, and Andrew, the sucker brigade, all kids of friends I teach with, at the parade.
We went to the game and he had a great time running around there, but Friday evening woke up at 3:00 running a low temp and not feeling well. Saturday morning at 3:30, I was loading the dishwasher because I couldn't get back to sleep after he went back down on the couch. Sleep deprivation will do weird things to you....like make you think you SHOULD load the dishwasher at 3:30 in the morning. What the heck? What else was I gonna do? I was too tired to even go to sleep, and I mostly was just worried that we were going to end up in the ER with a fever. When he woke up at 6:45 though the fever was gone. He was a bear, but he didn't have a fever. He DID NOT want to "be at our house," so at 7:30 we all three went to Menard's on Saturday morning and bought new garage door openers. Almost as crazy as loading the dishwasher at 3:30. Grandpa Larry came to the rescue and took Landon from 10 to 1 while Chad was at practice so I could nap on the couch again. From this point, things started looking up for us.
Saturday night we stayed up late watching a movie and let him stay up, too. He went to sleep in literally 2 minutes in HIS OWN bed and stayed there for 5 hours straight! When he woke up
, he just needed "some little bit of milk" and for me to lay down with him. He went right back down and got up at 8:00 this morning. He was agreeable all morning, went for a run with Chad at 11:30 and fell asleep in the baby jogger....where he slept until THREE THIRTY THIS AFTERNOON. I didn't take a nap on the couch today, but was very productive. I didn't get much done yesterday because I was too exhausted, but I made up for it today. I got the kitchen and living room cleaned up, finished up four more taggies which will be on their way to Carbondale tomorrow, bought a new purse at a purse party, worked on my taggie blog (not ready for viewing yet), and made a new header for this blog. Still not as cute as I'd like, but I'm learning. I also got my lesson prepped that I'm teaching for my evaluation tomorrow. We're sorting short u words. Landon helped me
put labels on 20 umbrellas, nuts, suns, and bugs this afternoon. Here he is telling me that "It's raining out," that I better "put my umbrella up." He also covered up with his blanket to be on the safe side. How funny is that? In other productivity news....Stella got a bath THANK GOODNESS. I was threatening to leave her outside she was stinkin' so bad. She'll still stink by tomorrow, but it won't be layered stink.
, he just needed "some little bit of milk" and for me to lay down with him. He went right back down and got up at 8:00 this morning. He was agreeable all morning, went for a run with Chad at 11:30 and fell asleep in the baby jogger....where he slept until THREE THIRTY THIS AFTERNOON. I didn't take a nap on the couch today, but was very productive. I didn't get much done yesterday because I was too exhausted, but I made up for it today. I got the kitchen and living room cleaned up, finished up four more taggies which will be on their way to Carbondale tomorrow, bought a new purse at a purse party, worked on my taggie blog (not ready for viewing yet), and made a new header for this blog. Still not as cute as I'd like, but I'm learning. I also got my lesson prepped that I'm teaching for my evaluation tomorrow. We're sorting short u words. Landon helped me
put labels on 20 umbrellas, nuts, suns, and bugs this afternoon. Here he is telling me that "It's raining out," that I better "put my umbrella up." He also covered up with his blanket to be on the safe side. How funny is that? In other productivity news....Stella got a bath THANK GOODNESS. I was threatening to leave her outside she was stinkin' so bad. She'll still stink by tomorrow, but it won't be layered stink. Sorry for the mundane report. I have nothing exciting to say this week I guess. Thanks for all of your comments on the baby naming. We're still not totally set on either a boy or a girl name. We've got a few more weeks to mull it over. It may be a birth day decision. Landon's still pushing for Baby Doctor Coplin and for a brother. I know one of those wishes WILL NOT come true, and am not so sure about the other either. We.....shall......see.
If we hear good news tomorrow from Children's Hospital, it'll be the 101st post! If no exciting news, I'll update you on specifics next week.
1 comment:
Hope you get good news!
I would like to stockpile some taggies, please. For now, I really just need one girl and one boy, but would like 2 more of each sometime. I can't believe all the work showers popping up!
Post a Comment