Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Week of Sickies and "Baby Abby" turns 1!


Well I enjoyed my Fall Break.....can you sense my sarcasm? I had the worst cold of my entire life that started last Friday and ended this Friday. Seriously! A week long cold! And honestly I'm still sniffling and sound like a frog. I feel better though. I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. If I got off the couch or tried to have a conversation it ended in a horrendous coughing episode which took me about 10 minutes to recover from and breathe normally again. My doctor diagnosed it as "just a cold" on Monday. I was relieved, but man, what a cold.
So I only worked a one day work week. That wasn't so bad. It was a crazy one day though. I hate going back after being gone. You've just got piles and piles of stuff to go through, AND it was report card day, which ALWAYS is stressful at our school. I seriously was stuffing report cards at 1:30. I also had to leave school 15 minutes early for my 32 week dr.'s appt, so I had to get my angels packed and ready to go early, too. STRESS!! I thought I'd be wiped out, but I really felt pretty good at the end of the day. Good enough to..........GO BUY A NEW DISHWASHER!!! Ya-hoo!
Don't you love dropping money on new
appliances?! Yeah, me neither. Last week it was the microwave that we said good bye to. This week the dishwasher. I'm also afraid that we may be telling our camera adios (AGAIN) in the near future. A call to Best Buy this week will determine if we are buying a new one or sending this one off to the camera doctor.

Saturday evening was our niece, Abby's, first birthday party! Hard to believe she's already one!! She was a slow starter digging into her cake, but she didn't disappoint. Check out these pics!






Here's Landon enjoying some Puffs at the party, in one of his favorite spots, Vella's lap! Another highlight of the evening, Landon wearing Uncle Stallion's college football helment. The closest he'll ever see to a football field....doctor's orders. :)
Speaking of doctor's, here's some updates:
Dr. Anim says Landon's ultrasound and xrays look good! YAY!
Dr. Klein says "Let's wait until 36 weeks to do a sonogram just to give that baby a little more time. We want to know how big he/she is so we can decide what we're going to do here....try it or schedule a c-section." I say, "umm...36 weeks? I thought we were going to do one at 34." She says, "Well at 36 we'll have a more accurate picture of the size and position of the baby." I say (to myself) "I hope it doesn't try to decide to come out before we decide the best way for it to do that AND I hope that I don't gain 5 more pounds every two weeks for the next 8 weeks or this will be a 10 pound baby." I was sick this week and still managed to gain 5 pounds. I didn't eat much, people! WHAT THE HECK?! In the meantime, my legs look like road maps, I've still got "issues" from the baby being low, I can't breathe normally, and the soccer season just KEEPS GOING! I'm living life on the edge here folks. (Side note: I AM happy the soccer team is doing well. Just not looking forward to the coach being gone next weekend.)
Sigh. Okay, I'm pulling it together. Sorry about that little rant. I've hit the wall where being pregnant is not a walk in the park anymore. And it just happens to be a crazy time of year at the Kutscher house.

Landon's really been playing a lot of baseball this week, with the "hardball." (a real baseball). Normally when he plays outside, he's Yadier Molina. When I taped this though, he decided he was going to pitch instead of catch. No matter the position, he's still a hoot to watch.

Deep Thoughts by Landon Kutscher:

Chad was on the news Thursday evening after the Rockets beat Monticello in the Sectional Semi-Finals. Chad texted me that he was going to be on, so I grabbed Landon and ran to the bedroom to turn the TV on. As I turned it on, they were interviewing Chad. Landon started jumping up and down saying, "Hey, that's my dad! Hey, that's my dad! And Mommy, there's Tucker! There's Tucker!" (one of the seniors) When it was over, I told him we could call Daddy. I handed him the phone and he started jabbering before Chad even answered. Too funny. Once he did answer, Landon said: "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! You were on TV! I saw you on TV! And you were all sweaty! Did you go for a run?!" (Chad coached the whole game in the pouring down rain. There was water dripping off his face.)

1 comment:

ashley said...

my life is not nearly as crazy as yours, but i do know what those weekends alone can be like! here's to a successful end to the season, but also to the light at the end of the tunnel!

hope your week goes well! :)

p.s. is your doctor letting you consider a vbac? (i was thinking lindsey mentioned a c-section with landon, though i could be way OFF my rocker with that thought)

p.p.s. thanks for the quick service on the taggie. sorry for my slow service on the payment. it will be in the mail this week! eek!