Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin, Landon Kutscher!


We've embraced fall full force this weekend, and I've got a lot of material to cover. Hope you've cleared your schedule to read the blog this week. :)

Coach is in full soccer play off mode, and apparently the boys are too. That's always a good thing. We've won our first two regional games and will play a toughy on Tuesday after school. If the boys show up to play like they have the last two games, we'll be sending Quincy Notre Dame home with their tails between their legs. I'm not saying it's GONNA happen, because then I could be responsible for jinxing the team. I'm just saying that our boys got it in 'em if they come to play. That's all I'm sayin.... Go ROCKETS!

I had my last evaluation of the school year this week, and as my principal put it, my class was "enthusiastic and energetic." Which is principal speak for WILD! That's what happens when you plan an evaluation lesson around making a class book using adjectives in a haunted house, when approaching the Halloween season and a four day weekend. I was asking for it. The evaluation went fine though. One of my more creative ideas I'd say....we're making a class book based on "The Napping House," (There is a house, a napping house, where everyone is sleeping...and in that house there is a bed, a cozy bed in a napping house where everyone is sleeping....it's a little like the House that Jack Built) Ours is "The Haunted House," though and it goes There is a house, a haunted house where everyone is creepy. And the kids all made a page writing about what they were dressing up for for Halloween and added an adjective to it. So, I've gotten three evaluations in in the last month. Go me! Check one thing off the list.

We didn't have school on Friday, and we don't Monday either. This is our "Fall Break." We didn't have Columbus Day off, we did this weekend instead. Thursday after Chad finished practice, we headed down to St. Louis and had dinner with Andy and Sherry, and Kris, Julie and Baby Kallie. Andy, Kris, and Billy put together a golf outing fund raiser for Landon at the beginning of September. I'm putting on a picture of all the boys. Quite the handsome crew. We continue to be blown away by the people's generosity and support for Landon. We are so appreciative of Andy, Kris and Billy's hard work in organizing the event, and for everyone who participated. We are so blessed to have such great friends. (Photography courtesy of Julie Ninnis, who was awesome enough to share all her pics with me....this one is a framer fo SHO!)

After dinner we stayed in St. Louis for the evening and got up on Friday to make a trip to Children's for an ultrasound and chest xray. We evidently were supposed to have blood work done too but someone dropped the ball on that, so we're going to the clinic here in Springfield to have that done tomorrow. Yee haw. Landon did great for his tests, and we were out of there quick enough to make a trip to the mall. BONUS!

Friday after falling asleep in the car on the way home, I woke up to a runny nose and cold. Nice. Yesterday it continued, and today I woke up with some nasty chest congestion that prompted a phone call to tele-nurse. I'm going in tomorrow (hopefully) to see my doctor in hopes that I don't have this Influenza A thing, Swine Flu, or pneumonia. I've been on the couch the last two days. Not exactly how I had planned to spend the four day weekend.

I did make it off the couch long enough today to go with Chad and Landon to the Country Market to pick out the Kutscher family pumpkin. Landon was a hoot trying to choose. Here's just a little clip of the hemming and hawing. :)






Yes, that's right. He just offered to pick his Mommy some flowers. Isn't he just the sweetest?!

This evening we carved the pumpkin, and Chad and Landon named him Bill. Here's Stella, Bill and Landon right after the carving.

And here's Landon, givin' Bill some love before he was moved outside on the cold front step.

Other highlights not captured in photographs this week, My awesome cousin Lindsey hooked me up and put my Taggie Blog on a link for Show Us Your Life on Kelly's Korner Blog, which resulted in oh 600 hits on my taggies in two days. Sweet! So far no email orders, but I'm not dying to get off the couch and sew right now anyway. I've also got 3 on my waiting list still to tackle. I've sold 38 taggies total so far! :)

Okay, I guess that's it for the week. I'll keep you posted on the soccer team and my (and Baby Kutschy-Koo's) wellness. Speaking of Baby, we have a new boy name which Chad has moved to the top of the list by suggestion of our friend, JT. As of right now, I'm still rooting for Hudson and Chad is pulling for Optimus. Let's just all hope for a Kate....for the baby's sake.

Deep Thoughts, By Landon Kutscher:

"Dad, come get some of this!" while standing on our bed holding a pillow. We don't know where he's learned this, but it was pretty funny.

No comments: