Monday, October 12, 2009

The Changing of the Seasons and Closets, Colored Baths and Birthdays. Could Life Get Any Sweeter? Oh wait, it's gonna in just a few short weeks!


So to say this week has been a much easier one would be an understatement. Just knowing that we only have to go through three more treatments with Landon has made everything seem so much better. Three more times seems like nothing. We're getting close enough to being finished that we're really hoping that what we've dealt with now is as bad as it gets. His hair is starting to thin a little, so that will probably get worse, but in the grand scheme of things, as long as he feels like this or better, we'll consider ourselves seriously blessed.


So, the highlights of the week, besides of course our news on Monday, which could not be topped by anything.....


We bought bath fizzies at Wal-Mart that color Landon's bath water. He's a huge fan. He's been begging to take baths, which is a total 180 from pre-bath fizzie ownership. Here he is enjoying a blue bath!

Some of the Rochester community members are organizing a benefit for Landon, and one of his friends from high school designed the flyer to advertise it. Isn't it adorable? Had to include it. He's definitely our Super Man.

Landon's Halloween costume arrived. I'm going to leave you in suspense with that. It's not Halloween yet. Let's just say that I didn't make it this year, I ordered it online....which is totally not like me, but having the energy to make a creative Halloween costume this year....uh, it wasn't happenin'.


Mom came up on Friday to clean and do laundry....and do laundry.....and do laundry. When I got up on Saturday to condensation on the windows and frost on the ground, I decided it was the day to bring up Landon's fall and winter wardrobe from the tubs we've been donated by Nick, Nate, and Noah. After digging through those tubs, I figured what the heck, let's get out the newborn neutral tub while we're down here. Then we ran to Babies R Us to buy a shower gift for friends, and I bought new bottles, neutral binkies, and a large case of diapers for Baby Kutschy-Koo. Now we're ready for the baby....except for that whole name situation which still is not even close to being resolved!


Sunday we celebrated Grandma Chris's 35th (so she says) birthday. Here's Landon and her prior to the cake festivities, and below is a little video of her and the grandbabies. :)




Poor little Abby has had a rough weekend. She moved to a new house which she isn't sure about sleeping in, AND she has an ear infection. Poor sweet pea. She crawled up on my lap last night and rested her head on Baby Kutschy-Koo, but we weren't quick enough with the camera. Here's the next closest thing.


I launched my own taggie blog as a trial to having a website. I'm really staying busy sewing up these blankies, and making some pretty okay extra cash flow doing it. There's a link on the side bar if you're interested. So I figure, since I have my master's degree now I may just quit my job, wear sweatpants and sew in my basement everyday. :) That's just jokes.....don't worry. I haven't lost my mind.



So here's the first video.....let me translate the middle (the funny part). "You'll never find it here. ha ha ha...(evil laugh).









Deep Thoughts, by Landon Kutscher.....

"Mom, I'm not your Muffin Man anymore. I'm a big boy. The new baby can be Muffin Man."

I almost burst into tears.

No comments: