Sunday, September 27, 2009

Who Are You? Who? Who? Who? Who?


Week 8 of Chemo....CHECK. This one was a "fun" one for Landon, too. After he finished, Daddy took him to lunch with two graduates from the soccer team....now big time college girls in St. Louis. Landon adores Mollie and Kassi both....not hard to see why. He already likes the pretty ones. :) They met at Union Station, ate and fed the fish. Cute picture, huh?

Yet another musical reference with the blog title this week. Sorry. I've gotta stop that. :) The name of the game has been "pretending" lately. All week long (off and on) Landon has referred to himself as Woody, Daddy as Buzz, and Mommy as Andy. Conversations were very interesting around here. Before this Toy Story pretending phase, Landon has been Skip Schumaker and Landon Donovan. It's really funny to listen to him pretend. He makes his cars talk to each other now, too. Very entertaining. Here's a video of him this week pretending to make me dinner at his restaurant.



I went to the doctor for my 28 week appointment on Friday. I'm still measuring ahead. Just three weeks instead of 4 this time, but my doctor thinks it could just be the way I'm carrying the baby. She was reassuring that it wasn't necessarily large, it was just situated like a basketball. Those are my words, not hers. I think I spread OUT more, meaning wider, with Landon. This one is definitely more out in front. I just LOVE it when people make references of how much it's sticking out and ask when I'm due again, like December is so far away I ought lay down and have the kid this week. If you can sense my sarcasm, that's good. I'm laying it on pretty thick. I'm putting on a picture of Landon, tipping the scales at 8 lbs. 5 oz., mostly because I didn't take any good pictures this week, and also just to get us in the mood. Let's hope this one doesn't top him by 2 pounds.

This picture was also taken, very close to the time that Landon, officially became Landon. Naming this second child is really turning into quite the predicament. If it's a girl, we should be covered. Chad and I agree on two names: Kate (not Katelyn, not Katherine, not Katie....just KATE) and Alleice....although we're not sure how we'd spell the latter. We're also not positive on middle names with those two, but there are family names we're throwing around that we both agree on. That'll be easy. If this child is a boy though, we're in trouble. We've got nothing we agree on. The discussion usually consists of me saying names I like and Chad saying "No, I hate it." Here's a long list of things I've put on the table: Hudson, Holden, Hayden, Preston, Owen, Rowan, Grant, Trevin, Harrison, Trenton.....the list goes on. As you can see, I have a thing for names that are a) two syllables and b) end with "en" or "on." I don't know why. That's just what I like. Chad hasn't said much. When I say, well what do you like, I get a, "I don't know...something normal." He has said he likes Chase, and he's not even sure how much he likes that. We had this same issue when coming up with Landon's name. I liked Landon, he liked Cameron. I won, after having to birth the kid. I told him I would even go for Cameron this time, if we could call him Cam, but he's not sure he likes that anymore either. The only thing we agree on is that his middle name will be Jeffrey, after my dad. So to sum up, pray it's a girl. (or if you have one of my names that you really like, COMMENT, COMMENT HARD PEOPLE...and on that note, if you HATE these names, like Chad, please refrain....it is MY blog. If he wants support for Chase, he'll have to start his own blog. I'm horribly mean aren't I? Must be the hormones, that's so out of character for me!;) ) Oh, and Landon wants to name the baby, Baby Doctor Coplin....if you'd like to vote for that.

Deep Thoughts, by Landon Kutscher

We drove up to Walgreens this week and Landon said, "Hey, this is a big house. This is big like Busch Stadium. Is this Busch Stadium?" I said, "No, silly. This is Walgreens, you've been here before. This place isn't near as much fun as Busch Stadium." And he says, "Yeah, but it's fun to shop at this house, Mommy."

8 comments:

Gina Taylor said...

I vote for Alleice...but just to throw another one in the pot - how about Lauren (if Evan had been a girl :0) ).....Landon and Lauren...kind of catchy don't u think?

Kickin' It With The Koesters said...

...your great-grandmother Hankins' middle name was Aliece :)

AND if you like Lauren...then I vote Lauren Elizabeth of course!

For a boy...Klayton Jeffrey, Kaiden Jeffrey, Leighton Jeffrey...just throwing out some other non-traditional...sorry Chad!

Anonymous said...

Love the name Hudson (know a 3 year old with that name and he is adorable)

Always liked the name Preston, but with a brother Creston it was too close for us.

Hayden and Harrison were once on my short list, so love those as well

Have nephew name Trenton and he is an amazing kid, so I like that name as well.

Since I could never get past the hard C sound with our names, I obviously went a diffent direction. But, like you I have an affection with names that end with an "n".

Naming is never easy, but I have say I think you are on the right track Megan.

Bob and LouAnne said...

How about Cash Kutsher then, no, wait - Kash Kutsher :)

Or if you don't like that how about Reed or Trip or some of those Sarah Palin names like Trig or Twig or Branch or Bark or whatever.

Bob and LouAnne said...

Sorry I forgot the c in Kutscher. I didn't have my glasses on and was squinting and it looked like it had enough letters in it.

Unknown said...

I like Hudson, Holden, and Owen... in that order. Both girl names are super-cute.

Good luck figuring it out, it's not always easy! Roger and I had a hard time agreeing on boy names with Noah. I was still trying for Connor at the hosptital. I obviously lost that battle, but I'm pretty happy with the way it all worked out!

Liz said...

I love the name Harrison!!! My brother and wife had a boy last October and one of their names on the list was Harrison. Although, their last name is Hood...and it was just too many H's.

I went to high school with a girl named Aleece. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan ~

Praying for you! Is there anything we can do to help? I hope you are feeling better soon!