Sunday, June 1, 2008

Landon's 15 Minutes of Fame

You know how the saying goes that everyone has 15 minutes of fame right? Well, Landon's on course to burn all of his up before he turns two years old. He of course owns the title of "Cutest Baby in Springfield." from winning the WDBR Babes of Summer cutest baby contest last year. He also been on television 3 times now. The first time, we were getting our picture taken with the St. Louis Cardinals' World Series Trophy, and they put him on the news. The second time, he just happened to be at Chad's soccer practice for 10 minutes and WICS showed up to tape the boys preparing for the state tournament. They filmed Landon kicking the soccer ball and aired it. This week the same TV station interviewed Chad and a couple of the state champ Rockets. While they were interviewing Coach, he was holding Landon. At the bottom of the screen during the interview it said: Chad and Landon Kutscher, Father Son Coaching Team. The way I see it, it's just a matter of time before the boy ends up on Entertainment Tonight! :)

We've had another insane week and weekend at the Kutscher house. I don't know if it's normal to be this busy, or if we're just crazy. All I know is I'm looking forward to some R and R ASAP. Highlights from the week include:

*Monday: day off. THANK GOODNESS. I did laundry most of the day, and then we had dinner with Kutschers to celebrate my birthday and Larry and Chris' Anniversary. Those two lovebirds have been married 35 years. I can hear you saying "Awww! That's so sweet!"

*Tuesday: Packing/Teaching at school, Worked late at school (long overdue), Landon cutting molars, slept 3 hours.

*Wednesday: Packing/Teaching at school, stressful exit interview with my superintendent, Rockets Celebration Reception, Hair Appointment. Landon cutting molars, slept 4 hours.

*Thursday: Packing/Teaching at school, Chad picked Landon up and discovered we had a sick kid. On top of the molars, he was covered in a digusting blistery rash. I called the doctor's office, but it was late and didn't hear back. Chad's mom came to the rescue and entertained Landon in the evening so I could get stuff ready for the last day of school. Chad picked up his tux, got his hair cut, and brought home dinner. We ate at 8:30. Landon cutting molars and uncomfortable from above mentioned blistery rash, slept 6 hours.

*Friday: Last day teaching the Pretzel kids, rained on in middle of picnic lunch, awards assembly, girls drawing graffiti on side of school with sidewalk chalk, girl puked on desk, packed my room, Chad took Landon to the doctor where he was diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease (ICK) we met at home, packed our suitcases, dodged a tornado, drove to Effingham to deliver Landon and Stella to Mom and Dad to watch. Landon slept the whole night! minus one minor infraction which required a quick back rub and he was back to sleep.

*Saturday: drove to St. Louis for Bill and Elaine's wedding, which Chad was in, enjoyed an afternoon and evening with friends...SLEPT FOR 8 hours SOLID!!! WOO-HOO!


*Today: drove home from St.L. planted flowers with Mom all afternoon, (well Mom did most of the planting and I stood around and hemmed and hawed about where things should go, and swatted mosquitos off my legs and arms which were already coated with Off,) brought Chad popsicles, Tylenol, etc, because my other boy is now running a 101 degree temp, did laundry, got stuff ready for school, and now I'm blogging. :)


I am SO glad that tomorrow is the last day I will have to report to work until August, and when I do have to report to work, it's going to be much closer. Next week on the blog: my summer to do list. I know you're all waiting on the edge of your seat. I was planning on putting it on this week, in celebration of the end of school, but honestly, I'm just too frickin' tired right now. If I wrote this list this minute, it would go something like this: buy a hammock, buy a pile of books, lay in the hammock and read the books. That's not too ambitious.
I'll end with a picture of four handsome guys in tuxes. How can you go wrong with that? :)

No comments: