Sunday, June 8, 2008

What's that Stella? What is it girl? There's a waterfall in the basement?


As most of you will recall, last summer we learned that Stella was no good for alerting us of bandit raccoons breaking into our house. Well, Summer 08 is when we learned that alerting us of floods is also not her forte. Saturday morning at 5:00 a.m. after going to bed MUCH too late (due to staying up with college friends and pretending we were still in college) we discovered a flippin' waterfall in our basement as a result of the 10 inches of rain we've gotten in the past three days. Evidently our gutters, after being emptied just this past Sunday, were plugged up, causing water to flow into the basement from all directions. Most notably was the water gushing through the doors of our woodstove creating a lovely water feature that apparently Stella found so soothing she couldn't even make a peep alert us of the water seeping into our carpet, and about 10 bazillion boxes of my school things that we trudged down the stairs just five days earlier. I mean no joke, this dog is snoring a short six feet away from the woodstove that had become a waterfall, and she has the nerve to look annoyed at us when we turn on the light. She barely lifted her head when we moved the chair she was TRYING to sleep in to the other side of the room. Seriously, Stella, not even a yip? Come on, you're better than that.

On a lighter note, we had a lovely weekend (minus the water problems) visiting with friends. Andy and Sherry came up, after dodging a couple of tornadoes, on Friday night. Saturday we left Landon with his first high school baby-sitter and went to a wedding where we saw a lot of Chad's friends from high school that we don't get to see often enough. This evening was Chad's soccer banquet, which marks the official end to the soccer season. So things are slowing down at the Kutscher house.
I've been working on my summer to do list, and it's kind of funny how that always turns into Chad's summer to do list as well. I know he loves when I make him a list. ;) It's pretty remarkable how he puts up with me actually. Here are some of the major goals of the summer:
1.) Get the swingset up and functional. I think I'm going to call it "Mama Park" because it's much too large to be called a swingset really.
2.) Improve the appearance of the front of our house. (paint shutters, garage doors, and front door, weed ALL flower beds (that will take a LONG time), put in new outdoor lighting, and get pond installed.
3.) Scrapbook Landon to at least 6 months. Organize the rest of his prints and photo CDs. Just to give you some idea of how behind I am, the last page I've done in his scrapbook is the day after he came home from the hospital. Yowzers, I need to get on that.
4.) Have fun with Landon! We're going to go to some music classes, swimming, to the zoo with friends, and meet regularly with my Pretzel People friends for walks and playing at the park.
This list only applies to June and July. Once August gets here I will have a whole new list of things I'll need to get done before my official beginning of being a Rocket. I'll keep you updated on how I do. I always have high hopes and ambitions at the beginning of the summer, and somehow about June 20ish I figure, oh well, I'll get to it sometime. Maybe blogging it will keep me more accountable and on track. Don't hold your breath though people.
Lindsey tagged me last week for this Top 5 thingy last week. So here it goes:
What were you doing five years ago?
Let's see, June of 2003, we bought our first house in good ole Camelot (that's the name of the subdivision) so we were probably painting, moving, cleaning, etc.
What are five things on your to-do list today?
Well, since it is summer and all I don't do a list of the day. You just read my list for the next two months. That's going to have to do.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. milk and cookies (I am my father's daughter)
2. chips with sour cream and onion dip (SO not good for you, but so enjoyable)
3. nachos
4. popcorn
5. Ranch Doritos
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
This is hard!
1. Build a ginormous house with every anemity out there and enjoy all of it.
2. Make college accounts for all of the children we will have eventually, and our nieces, nephews, grandchildren, etc.
3. Give a bunch of money to our church to dig wells in Africa for all of those poor people who have no water to drink, bathe in, etc.
4. Adopt children to take care, love, and fill up our ginormous house.
5. Find someone who I trust to tell us how to invest the rest of the money because I'm so clueless about stuff like that.
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Losing my patience over dumb stuff that doesn't even matter
2. Biting my nails when I'm stressed
3. Wishing life away (I can't wait until whatever is over so we can whatever...and not enjoying any of the whatevers)
4. Not relaxing enough
5. Late night snacking
What are five places you've lived?
all Illinois locales. :)
1. Hord
2. Lebanon
3. O'Fallon
4. Springfield
5. Rochester
What are five jobs you've had?
1. Mike's Market check out girl
2. Weidman Cleaners clerk
3. Nanny
4. Funeral Home worker (we've covered this before)
5. Teacher
What five people do you want to tag?
Well, I don't know of any regular bloggers other than the ones who've already been tagged. Consider this an invitation for any faithful readers thinking of starting a blog.
I'm adding a new feature to the blog this week. Check out the side bar. :) Have a good week everyone!!

No comments: