No, the boys aren't eating Wheaties, but the Lady Rockets are the state soccer champs! We were graced this morning at our breakfast table by the trophy. Landon said, "Whoa. Balls." It's been a crazy busy week and weekend, but winning first place is nothing to complain about that's for sure. From Thursday evening to late Saturday night, we were in Naperville. The highlights are as follow:*Of course number one highlight: WE WON. Yeah, I don't know if you've heard of the Lady Rocket Soccer team, but they're kind of a big deal.
*The weather was beautiful. I actually got the part in my hair scorched on Friday. It wasn't sunny, but that's the most dangerous sunburning weather.
*Landon was practically an angel all weekend. His only issue was a stomach one, and he worked that out this morning, if you know what I mean. :)
*Third trip to the state tournament for me as the coach's wife, first trip to the state tournament with time for some SHOPPING! Quality shopping up there. I could've spent way more than 2 hours, and way more money for sure.
*Landon enjoyed his first ever experience in a Disney store. The kid shouted, "I want that! I want that!" at everything in the store. We watch PlayHouse Disney pretty regularly, so he loves Mickey, Pooh and Friends. He's also a huge fan of Cars and 101 Dalmations (fine entertainment for those long car rides) so he pretty much LOVED everything in the store. Mama and Papa bought him a Lightning McQueen car and a Mickey Mouse baseball set. I would normally say something here about him being spoiled, but since he was so good all weekend, I think he really deserved it. :)
*I had TWO meals at The Cheesecake Factory, one with the team on Friday night and one with the fam on Saturday for lunch. As Rachael Ray would say, "Yummo!" I only ate half of a piece of cheesecake in the combined trips though....thank goodness. If I had had one piece per trip, I'd be down on the treadmill right now and not blogging.
*There was minimal drama from the girls. Probably the most dramatic thing that happened was Coach had to confiscate cell phones so the girls would go to sleep. (definitely more dramatic for the girls than Coach) There was also a rolled ankle and a very bloody nose, but all in all they pretty much came through unscathed.
To the left here you c
an see Landon and Baby Charli celebrating the Rockets' big victory. Charli is the daughter of one of the assistant coaches. And to the right, the fam resting at the hotel. 
an see Landon and Baby Charli celebrating the Rockets' big victory. Charli is the daughter of one of the assistant coaches. And to the right, the fam resting at the hotel. 
Okay, previous to the big weekend, at New Berlin this week we had our spring concert. Chad and Landon made the trip out to see 2K sing their little hearts out. Before their stunning performance, Landon put on a little show of his own in our classroom, belting out various animal noises and showing off his mad soccer kicking skills. We also had our highly antici
pated Humpty Dumpty Egg Drop in the rain on Thur
sday. Several of our Humpties survived the fall, but a few weren't so lucky. We called in all the kings' horses and all the kings' men, but I think we all know how that turned out. That's our principal, being the good sport that she is, tossing the Humpties off the wall.
pated Humpty Dumpty Egg Drop in the rain on Thur
sday. Several of our Humpties survived the fall, but a few weren't so lucky. We called in all the kings' horses and all the kings' men, but I think we all know how that turned out. That's our principal, being the good sport that she is, tossing the Humpties off the wall. One more picture from earlier in the week. I have nothing to say about this, but, (sigh)...he's just growin' up TOO FAST!

2 comments:
Congrats, Lady Rockets and Coach Kutscher! Very exciting stuff! Hope your last week is good and you get all that stuff moved out of your room! :)
Congratulations! That's awesome -and one big trophy! You should have called us if you were in Naperville. If we didn't have to be anywhere that would have been fun to see.
Post a Comment