Sunday, June 29, 2008

Progress and Productivity!



I know most of you are going to think I'm jumpin' the gun a little, but the Village of Rochester decided to celebrate the 4th of July this weekend instead of next, so since we are Rochester-ites, so did we....kind of. We went to Brian and Sara's house to watch the parade. Julia had a monopoly on the candy in the area and Liam and Landon were mesmerized through the entire thing. We planned on attending this evening's fireworks and festivities, but everything was rained out. As I'm typing this though, I'm thinking that was God's way of saying, "Hey people, it's NOT the 4th of July....I don't care when the carnival was available." :) Pictured above, is our little Land-O decked out in his patriotic garb and waving the 'ol Red, White, and Blue. Makes me proud to be an American. :)

Progress and and productivity were the themes of the week here at the Kutscher house. Here's a run--down on what was accomplished at 30 Mishawaka the past few days:




The garage doors and front door are painted! Gone is the hideous orange front door and chipping, desperate looking garage doors. They are all now a refreshed lovely shade of "Woodrow Wilson Putty." Big improvement.











The sand box has sand! Landon has been digging with his trucks and shoveling his little heart out.




The POND IS IN! I'm so excited. I planted flowers around it this afternoon, but I'm waiting to show you a picture when it's totally ready for its grand reveal. We still need to rock it. But it is beaut-eous and serene! Trust me.




As you can tell....we've been busy.



Landon had his last of the three week mini session music classes this week. I didn't register him for the next mini session because we were going to be gone 2 of the 3 weeks. At the end of class, the teacher encouraged me to register for the one class that we could make it to, and to be sure to check out the fall schedule because, and I quote, "Landon is just a hoot to have in class." Now I kind of laughed a little at this, because I think he's a hoot, too. He participates in every part of the class. They sing, clap, use rhthym sticks, dance with scarves, do dramatic play, sit on the listening rug and imitate sounds, etc. He eats it up. As I was telling Chad what the teacher said though, it occurred to me that I've used those words before. "A hoot" isn't always a good thing to be. Hmmm....something to ponder. Hopefully Landon is a good hoot and not a bad hoot. One thing's for sure, he's having a hoot of a time.

My Blog:

My latest discoveries, conquests, and what's exciting in the world of me.


By: Landon


I'm feeling a little frustrated lately. I get so sick and tired of these people not understanding what I want. I mean how many times do I have to say something around here for them to get it. One thing that I'm starting to get though, is throwing myself on the floor and kicking does not result in anyone being happy.

Mom and Dad have limited my viewing of Cars to about 30 minutes a day. It's still my favorite thing in the whole wide world, and I can name all of the main characters now in the movie. I can even spot them ANYWHERE, in department stores, on other people's clothing...it's amazing how commercialized this world is.


My favorite words of the week: 'sup buddy (what's up buddy?), I'm here! (what I say when I get off my play trucks), fire truck, flag, and AUNT Kelly. (They're so impressed that I added Aunt.)

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

I'm glad that Land-O liked the book. Joey Chitwood was some kind of daredevil driver. I used to say that to Lindsey too - even though she had no clue who he was - we still thought it was funny, and yes, you can hear Maw-Maw saying it. I can too.