Sunday, June 22, 2008

Famous Piggies, Tractors, and Swings! Oh My!


There are so many things to blog about this week I don't even know where to start! I guess it would make sense to start at the beginning of the week. So here it goes!

On Monday, I took Landon in to the doctor because he had something funky going on with his nails. Long story short, after an hour and a half appointment with two different doctors, we were told that as a result of his Hand, Foot, and Mouth illness in May, Land-O is going to lose a lot of his nails! Poor guy! Never fear though. He's tough. He doesn't even act like they hurt. At the end of our appointment though the Pediatric Dermatologist asked if it would be okay to take pictures of his nails so he could include them in his residency lectures. So Landon has famous piggies now. :) I thought I'd spare you and not put on a picture....you're welcome.
There was a lull in the middle of the week. We went to the pool, had music class, worked on our things to do list, had a girls + kids night out with the Kutschers and Coxes, etc, etc.

On Friday, we made the trek home to Hord, Illinois. It was the longest trip ever. A typical trip is about an hour and 45 minutes. It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to get there. Are you kidding me? Every car we were behind was going at the max 55 mph. Throw in a couple of tractors and cops, and you've got one stinkin' long trip home. We finally made it though. It's so wrong that I get annoyed when people drive 55. It is actually the law.

Saturday Michael, Dad and Grandpa hit the fields hard. :) Landon got his first ride in a big tractor, which he was thrilled about. He kept saying, "Papa, Tractor!" to Dad as we were riding. He even helped Papa drive. He also knows that Papa's tractors are yellow and green! He sat with Michael, on the tractor without a cab and was cool with it until Michael started it. Then he was over the tractor thing. We should've known better. The kid doesn't even tolerate the sounds of the lawnmower.


Another interesting thing that happened while we were home is that Michael has been re-named. When Landon first learned to say his name, he was Mi-Mal. About two weeks ago, he mastered Michael, with the "k" in the middle. Well while we were home, one Michael was not sufficient. Landon now calls him "Mi-chael, Mi-chael, Mi-chael," kind of like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha." Not sure what that's about. I think Mom pegged it best when she said it was kind of like his cock-a-doodle-doo. It's like once he gets started, he just can't stop. It goes on forever. It's pretty entertaining though.


We came home early this afternoon, and Chad went right to work on the swingset. It's officially all put together and functional! YAY!! Only thing left to do is excavate the rest of the area, put down the wood frame and mulch it. Landon tried out the swing and loved it. Then I put him directly in the car to go to Lowe's to buy sand and what do you know if the boy didn't puke all over the place once we got to the west side of town. Needless to say we didn't get that sand. It seems like Landon sickness has been a theme the last month. We'll try to get over that. Sickness does not make for good blogging.

Okay, two more little technical things. 1.) If you'll take notice, the title of the blog has been updated. I think we've carried the title "cutest baby in Springfield" as far as we can. They've even crowned a new Babes of Summer winner. So Landon is now "The Toddler Formally Known as the Cutest Baby in Springfield." If anyone would like to suggest a symbol for that, I'm open. :) 2.) I'm moving Landon's Blog section to the main blog part, because when it's on the side bar like that, it doesn't save from week to week, it just changes. I'd like to be able to look back at that from time to time with help with scrapbooking, etc, so we're gonna try out a new format.



My Blog: My latest discoveries, conquests, and what's exciting in the world of me.

By: Landon
**Apparently I've got some weird thing going on with my toes and fingers. All I know is that Mommy bought me Diego bandaids and they are super cool.
**I went to my second music class and got my first girlfriend this week. She's a cutie, too. She followed me around throughout class, and when we got ready to leave, she blew me a kiss. I of course returned the gesture. I love the ladies!
**My favorite words of the week: Michael, Michael, Michael, Papa Tractor, Oliver, Blues Clues!, and Queen Fall (which is what I say when I put my Lightning McQueen car down my ball popper and make mommy get out over and over. She loves it. Although I don't think she finds it quite as funny as I do.)

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Oliver takes a great picture. I'd say he's almost as cute as the toddler formerly known as the cutest baby in Springfield.