And so Q week began with our ritual of the Qq handwriting worksheet, and Landon declared, "Hey! Q looks like O drinkin' through a straw!" And by golly, it does. I thought maybe Mrs. May taught him that, but he 'just thought of it.' Then Thursday came....wedding day. He still wasn't pumped and reminded me a few times that morning that again, 'he was just doin' this to make me happy.' He did great though. He had his mouth turned up and half open the entire ceremony but he made it through. I was secretly thankful that Mr. Q couldn't talk so he wasn't expected to actually voice the words 'I do' he was just to make Mr. Q nod. When it was over I helped him change back into his play clothes for recess and he said, "I felt like death walking down that aisle. It was like I was on Star Wars, outside Jabba's palace, about to be eaten by monsters.' Wow. He must really love me. :)
| He may have 'married' Mrs. U but here's the true love of his life, Mrs. May. |
Now onto some good Grant stories from the week. I think I've said on here before that I was a little worried when we were eagerly awaiting Grant's arrival that his personality wouldn't compare to Landon's. How could we have another kid as congenial?! Well, we've got one...and he's a whole different kind of congenial. My favorite quotes of the week:
(and no, that 'a' is not a typo) It was so darn cute that I let him have half a piece...and he didn't smallow it...but for the next 3 days he did smallow half a piece of gum and so now no matter how cute it is when he asks, I've gotta stand my ground, and be firm with a no. Cuteness only gets you so far.
*"Whoo!! Mommy! You saved me and my gum!" When I grabbed him and kept him from falling into the toilet...while he was chewing his gum that he promised not to smallow.
*"Won't you take me to....FUNKY TOWN" (except for omit the n from funky) Apparently Tressa has a car that plays 'Funky Town'...which Grant is now limited to playing with for a few minutes a day. (kidding)
*"It's time to go? It's time to go? You always say it's time to go. You're so mean!" to Chad on Friday morning while laying on the floor with his coat on. His brother was doing something similar to me as well. The wheels fell off the cart at the Kutscher house on Friday morning. Typical really.
*"Hey MO-OOOOM! Come here! Come here! Come look at this. I made a berry huge man poop."
that really needs no explaining or background. Sigh.
*"You know soccer guys don't like faffles (waffles) and I don't like it when soccer girls look at me."
This was Saturday morning, after I had taken Grant to the end of soccer practice so I could set up for that dreaded Mother Son dance and the whole team watched Grant and I walk up. He buried his head in my shoulder and refused to look at the girls. The next morning, he was too busy 'being a soccer guy' and playing that he couldn't eat breakfast. I tried to talk him into waffles...and got that little gem of a quote.
| Oh this one...he's a hoot! |
| and here's Pretty Mama's crew of 'help' opening some gifts |
| Can't wait to meet Miss Brinley! |
No comments:
Post a Comment