Sunday, April 14, 2013

'Spring' (psh yeah, as if) Break


Doing homework requires proper lighting, you know what I'm sayin'.  Grandpa Larry bought these hats for the boys at the grand opening of the new Menards here in town, and they're a hit.  I thought it may be a good idea to have the boys wear them to bed so they wouldn't be scared to use the 'scary dark bathroom' by their room in the middle of the night.  You know the nightly routine could go, jammies, bedtime snack, brush your teeth, potty, put on your hats, time for bed.  No one else thought it a good idea.
The hat is very useful though when you want to see your homework...
and see it REALLY well.  
Chad had a radio interview on 1450 and the boys and I listened at home of course.  Here's his captive audience...that were attentive for 15 seconds.  Literally.

Later in the week we survived Open House, and immediately after I ushered in our spring break with the stomach flu and missed our last day of school.  I then was DOWN until Tuesday.  Seriously.  NOT the way I had envisioned starting our break.  And speaking of not what we envisioned....


Here are pictures of the kids playing in the EIGHTEEN INCHES OF SNOW that fell on Sunday...a week before Easter.  Lovely.  It was the perfect snow for playing in though...not that cold, or windy, and packable.   :)




Finally using that snowball maker from Aunt Lou and Uncle Bob

Fort building 101....'one of the many reasons you need a good cooler boys'
(to create the blocks you know)

We needed a flag for our fort....bonus campaigning for Todd Goebel for School Board



Stuck in the drifts!
and realizing he's stuck in the drift....
until removed.  :)


Warming up, Snuggling up, Eatin' some Popcorn!

No comments: