
I took the boys to an actual pumpkin patch this year instead of the Country Market. They were super pumped. It was a gorgeous day, but as it turned out Chad had to practice late so it was just me and the boys. I could've braved it and drug both of them, a wagon, and a pumpkin cutter (for lack of technical term...I didn't even see one so I have no idea...I'm guessing it wasn't a machete), but it was nearing nap time and frankly I wasn't feeling that brave. I rationalized it in my mind that this was the first year I'd ever taken them to an actual 'patch' so even if I didn't haul them out there and pick one off the vine, it's still more authentic than what we've done in the past. So that made it okay just to buy pumpkins the owners had already picked. :) Which by the way, the owners are our school librarian and her husband. I had no idea until this year that the famed 'Kristin's Pumpkin Patch' was owned and operated by someone I knew!



Here we are mulling over the gourds and with the two small pumpkins we chose. We also got a ginormous pumpkin which I did not take pictures of at the patch. You'll see him later on the Halloween post...

Afterwards we hit up McDonald's where the boys enjoyed chicken nugget Happy Meals and then Grant crashed in the car. All part of my master plan....;)



No comments:
Post a Comment