Friday, August 26, 2011

When I Count Our Blessings...

Another beginning to another school year, and another stress to figure out childcare...
I should start this post off by saying, that we have been SO blessed with our baby-sitters. LaVella was like having Mother Theresa care for your child. But just like Mother Theresa, she had to give it up eventually. At the end of her era we had some rocky times finding fill ins...then we spent the majority of the year last year with Debbie, Tressa, and Pam. All of whom were wonderful and 'temporary' to get us through the year. I don't even remember when it was in the school year that we found Lindsay to watch the boys for this year. After we found her, I told Tressa we had found someone for next year, and I wanted her to know that I didn't expect her to keep our boys again next year, so not to worry that I was planning on dumping them on her. ;) She said she really kind of liked keeping the boys a couple days a week and was thinking she'd like to do it again this year. We figured two sitters would be better than one... built in back up, variety, and stability all in one. So we started this year off...

Lindsay with our 2 boys and 2 of her 3 boys 3 days a week... And Tressa with our 2 boys and her 2 of her 4 boys 2 days a week.

That's a lot of boys friends. But I must say, it couldn't be going more smoothly. Our 2 boys LOVE being both places and LOVE the new friends they have in Creighton and Cash and Wyatt and Wade. And I LOVE how happy drop offs are...and the stories they share about what they've done with their new buddies. And as our list of blessings continue to grow, we'll count Lindsay and Tressa near the top...because knowing your kids are happy, safe, and cared for is definitely one of the most important things I put on my priority list.

No comments: