Okay, one more small bit of news to report for July....we're MOVING! I haven't said much about it, because we've been all over the place with this mess, and it's kind of a long story. But now that everything is official, I feel like I can tell everyone. If you want the short version, scroll down to the end. Otherwise here's the long story.
April: looked at house that we fell in love with, decided to go for it, put a contract on it with contingency of us selling our house. Put our house on the market.
May-June: open house, open house, open house, showing, showing, showing, showing, and more showings, one extreme low ball bid with some sticky inspection stipulations...no deal.
End of June: Lost house we had contract on to another buyer with no contingency. Thought it was a bad move to take contingency off and just buy it. Who knows how long it'd take us to sell our house. Two mortgages could be extremely stressful. We let it go. Looked at a couple of other houses, trying to decide if we wanted to keep trying to sell or just take it off.
End of June/beginning of July: took our house off the market and drew up plans to remodel and add a master bath. Decided to sit on remodeling plans til spring. One week later, someone calls our realtor who was crazy about our house after seeing it the first time (during one of our first open houses) and they really want to buy it. We let them look at it again, they want to buy it and rent it back to us until we can find something else. That sounds risky to us. We can't find anything we want. We ask them to give us some time.
July 21: Houses in our price range start popping up, we call buyers back. They come in, make a really hard to walk away from offer and we sell our house. (this also was the 2nd anniversary of Landon's surgery...kind of weird huh?)
We do some serious looking. Probably 10ish houses? Really like some things about some of the houses, but not finding one we're head over heels for. We really like one house right down the street from Chad's sister, but we don't want to pay for it what they want. We sit on it. We look at one we think has potential if we can get it for a deal and remodel it. We low ball. They counter and don't come down much. We let that one go.
Sunday, July 31: we look at a house that's not even advertised for sale. It's the sister of a friend who wants to sell but hasn't put a sign up yet. We walk through it. We love it. We agree on a price the next day, but we're waiting for the inspection on this house to come back to see what we're looking at before making it official.
Thursday, August 4: inspection comes back. Buyers ask us to fix 7 teeny tiny no big deal things. I let myself get excited and pack the first box.
Friday, August 5: we make it official and sign a contract for our new house....which IS NOT pictured on this blog yet. But hey, if that WERE our new house up there in the picture, I'd be throwing some over the top balls and inviting all of our friends. You'd have to buy a new ball gown to come and there'd be horse drawn carriages parked out front. Our new house isn't technically a castle, but I love it just the same. It's OUR castle. :)
Okay to sum up, here's how it went down:
bought a house
listed our house
lost the house
took our house off the market
sold our house
bought new house
We don't like to do things simply around here apparently. I can honestly say when we lost the first house we bought I was heart broken. I seriously was. I LOVED that house. And when we looked at other houses, I just couldn't imagine loving one like I loved THAT one, but everything happens for a reason, and I can tell you that I love our new, new house even more and am super excited about moving into it and making lots of memories in it! And that's all I have to say about that, (for now. :)
2 comments:
So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see some pics of the new place! Congrats!
YAY congrats! a new house is very exciting!!!! :)
Post a Comment