Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Showering Lima Bean Stevenson



The following weekend after the St. Louis trip, we headed to Indianapolis (aka Louisiana...according to Landon, for some reason he could remember INDIANA, so we were in LOUISIANA) for a baby shower for my cousin Lindsey. We went the day before with intentions of taking in some water slides, but we didn't leave as early as we had planned (I know...shocking for those of you who know us well) and when we got there it looked like it could pour at any minute. So instead we played a little basketball and soccer in the courtyard area of the hotel and then went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. YUMM-O. After stuffing ourselves we went back and played in the hotel pool for a little while, showered, then shared a piece of cheesecake that we couldn't eat directly after our dinner. Here's a family shot, self taken of course and a picture of my boys (annoyed with me for taking pictures) before we dug into that cheesecake.

The next morning we slept in a little then headed off for the baby shower. Chad dropped me off and took the boys to Brent and Lindsey's very nice house (which they are trying to sell, if anyone in the Indy area is looking) to meet Uncle Bob and load up Rob's old bunk beds for our boys, and to help load some other furniture for Brent and Lindsey.


Now for a bit of crude controversy. One of the games we played at the baby shower (which btw, when I say 'baby shower' in my head I pronounce it like Franc from Father of the Bride II...Bobby Sho-wah, which makes it even more fun) was make Baby Stevenson out of Play-Doh. Now I was pretty proud of my baby, pictured here to the left, a little fuzzy because my camera wasn't sure what to focus on. I thought it was pretty good for a Play-Doh sculpture. So I posted it on Facebook, where my low down, dirty minded brother, called me out for making an anatomically suggestive baby and posted a link to Play-Doh p*rn on my wall. WHAT THE HECK?! It's a bottle. For real. I'm still proud of it. As IF I would even think of something like that. UGH!


Any who, Lindsey had a VERY nice shower and got lots of nice gifts for Lima Bean Stevenson, whom we're all eagerly counting the days to meet. It's being called 'Lima Bean' because it's a surprise of whether it's a girl or boy. Sounds like Brent and Lindsey have a name picked out if it's a boy, but the girl name is up in the air. We also played a game where we had to help them name the baby if she is a she. Lindsey chose "Indiana Colorado" as the winner name, but I think Aunt Lori's "Stevie Lou Stevenson" was a close second.

Here's a cousin pic from the Bobby Sho-wah. Youngest to oldest...and hey WHY is it that I'm the OLDEST and the SHORTEST?! This seems backwards to me.

And the cousin pic followed by the aunt pic.







Aunt Lou started off the shower by saying the most exciting part of getting to be a grandma is that Lindsey gets to be a mom. And isn't that the truth...I can't think of anything better to be than a mom. So excited for you, Linds, to be enterting into Mommyhood. :)







2 comments:

Michael said...

good decision to at least take a new picture of your sculpture. This angle is less porn-like.

Lindsey said...

What a sweet post! I am so glad I got to see you. Thanks for everything! Get out your ski poles and come see us over Christmas break! :)