Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daddy!



Chad celebrated his 33rd on Saturday. Friday night Landon and I put together one of his birthday gifts. I told Landon, "tomorrow is Daddy's birthday!" and he said "is it his first birthday?" I said, "No silly. That would mean he's only one! This is his 33rd birthday." Landon got pretty quiet, then said,

"but Mommy, I don't want Daddy to turn 33." I asked why not of course and he said

"I like him the way he is now."

Crack up.



Here's the birthday card Landon made for him. There's a picture of all four of us, and then it says "Mommy, Landon and Grant all love Daddy because he does good things for us." I wrote and, because, and things...he did the rest by copying my words from another piece of paper. He was diligent. :)


As I mentioned earlier, Chad got a new pair of Oakleys, but we also put together a shadow box from when the girls team won state a few years ago. We had all the newspaper articles, etc, so we put them together to look a little nicer. Funny how things change in a matter of three years though. Landon spied Kellse in the picture...she was a senior on the team at that time and is now Uncle Scotty's girlfriend (which we're extremely happy about btw) and he says "hey THAT girl looks like Kellse!" Then he saw my friend Kristi (mom of Charli and Blake) who used to coach with Chad but Landon doesn't remember that. He says, "Whose that?" I said "Who is that? You know who that is?" and he said "Kristi?" with extreme confusion in his voice. Too funny.















We went to dinner at Smokey Bones with the fam and then headed to Chad's 15 year class reunion. Here's RHS Class of 96...which I lifted off of Sara's facebook page. Thank you Sara for that! :)


And here are a few of Chad's friends giving him a birthday gift that he wasn't so sure about, but he maintained his dignity the whole night so it all ended well. :)












Happy Birthday Chad!!!




No comments: