Sunday, July 17, 2011

Red, White, Blue, and HOT!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." ~Ronald Reagan


Fourth of July weekend was the first really hot and summery weekend of the summer. (I think...I remember thinking that the heat had arrived just in time for the holiday...but maybe my memory fails me...it's been a few weeks). Saturday we kicked off the partying with the Fords to celebrate Tinlee's first birthday. They had several little pools and a Slip and Slide out for the kiddos. Unfortunately, I snapped two pictures of the birthday girl and neither one of them were any good. I'll add one when I can pillage one from her mommy or from Kristi, so check back. ;) Here are some other shots from the par-tay though. Grant's little swimmer diaper evidently was itchy, because he spent a good part of the party like this. I had to snap a pic of it.














He was intrigued by the Tinlee's Barbie Jeep, and was held against his will at the end of the Slip and Slide by his brother for a photo opp.









Landon was pretty much a chicken and wasn't really 'into' trying the Slip and Slide for awhile. He danced through it a couple of times, but before we left he had mustered up enough bravery to go for it a couple of times.




We left Tinlee's party to take in the Rochester Fourth of July parade from Brian and Sara Jane's yard....prime parade location. The headline picture is a pic we got of all the kids before the parade got started. We were all pretty proud that we were able to get them all to sit long enough to get a picture. I think the heat may have helped us in that arena.








Here are the boys with Charli, trying to stay cool with popsicles. Grant was showing his opposition from being removed from the slide for the picture. He always recovers pretty quickly though.










And I know nothing that cheers him faster than his little cousin, Miss Sophia A. Mehring. Grant LOVES Sophia...as I'm sure you can 'hear' here, he is saying "oooh! Bee-be!" before petting her on the head.



























...and speaking of loving Sophia...here's the big boy holding her all by himself. (with Grandma's arm just barely out of the picture)













Once the parade got started it was the typical highlights....the noise and covered ears and TONS of candy. Brian and Sara's house is the beginning of the parade route, and I don't know if that has an effect on the amount of candy that gets thrown or not, but if I were a betting person, I'd say that our Wal-Mart sacks were more full of sugar than the ones that were at the end of the parade route. Someone could probably go to Brian and Sara's today...2 weeks later....and find some candy that didn't make it into someone's sack.






















Here we have the easy going Coppernoll men...still cool, despite the heat.

















Grandpa pulling candy duty...and two of my men chill-laxin
























Later in the evening, we threw the three bigger kids in the tub. I'm thinking they're about to outgrow that, just out of a sheer lack of space. We're gonna need a bigger tub if we're going to continue these photos for a few more years. (and YES that water is orange...two words, bath fizzies...awesomely good entertainment)










...and I couldn't exclude this pic. Grant splashing away, having a good old time and Landon ACTING upset about it. He's pretty convincing though. I seriously think this child may have acting in his future. He has a memory like a steel trap and repeats lines from tv shows and movies like it's his job, he's got the good looks, and he can be super dramatic. I seriously have four pictures with this same expression on Landon's face. Who knows, maybe this blog will be published one day for all of his admiring fans. ;)

The next day, after naps, we headed to the Wojcicki's for some pool time. Here are the kiddos hanging out on the steps...and Landon getting a gator ride from Grandpa.





















Later in the evening, what do ya know!, the fireworks WEREN'T postponed because of rain. Seriously...it's been 3 years since that's happened! Here are the boys waiting patiently for the big event.




Grant was pretty impressed, he said "Ooooh!" and sat still for a good 10-12 minutes. That's A LONG time for him to sit still.






...and of course Landon watched with Little Guy and with a full death grip on his ears the entire time again. Maybe someday he'll outgrow that.
















...and that's all I have to say about 4th of July 2011...:) Happy Birthday, U.S.A!


No comments: