Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Boy Moment Number 167




This week, we pull up to Panera, which Landon has called 'the grilled cheese house' since he could talk. I think I've mentioned this before...Panera=Grilled Cheese House, Arby's=Chicky House, Papa John's=Pizza House, Dr's office=Dr. Steh's House...etc. And the following conversation occurs:













Landon: "Dad?"
Chad: "Yeah buddy"

Landon: "I don't think this place is called the Grilled Cheese House"

Chad: "How come?"

Landon: "Because right up there on the building is a word that starts with a P...and Grilled Cheese doesn't start with a 'p' sound"

Chad: "So what is this place called?"


And Landon proceeds to make the sounds for every letter in the word Panera.


Chad: "Put those all together...what does that say?"

Landon: "I don't know"

Me: "It's Panera! Good job, buddy! This is really a 'big boy' moment! We're so proud of you!"
Chad: "And someday soon I'm gonna guess you're gonna find that the 'Chicky House' isn't really called the 'Chicky House' either"

Which ended the conversation with me being sad. :( I LOVE that he calls Arby's that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awww, that's such a sweet story, he's getting so big!!