They are gross looking, they smell, and their annoying sound is deafening in our backyard. I mowed the front yard the other morning and was attacked by them when mowing under
the lilac bushes. I'm sure I sounded like a wussy snotty squealing girl, but I didn't care....they were in my hair and theyr'e just disgusting. I kid you not I bet there are thousands of them in the woods behind our house because they're loud enough with the house closed up, airconditioning running, television ON, that I can still hear the suckers CLEARLY. The only good thing about them is they only come every thirteen years. Wish I'd only have to go to the dentist and get our taxes figured every thirteen years. That'd make life much more enjoyable...eh? eh? Am I right?? Onto my next nature topic...the flippity flippin frog that camp out in our little fountain pond. He SO reminds me of that old Warner Brothers cartoon with the guy who finds that frog in a box in a pillar
of an old building and when he opens the box, the frog jumps out with his top hat and cane and busts out into the "Michigan Rag." But when the guy tries to get him to sing for other people he just sits like a bump and lets out a croak. I googled him, and turns out his name is Michigan J. Frog. And that my friends is what I'll be referring to this little guy as for the rest of eternity...because he won't go away and he croaks loud enough that it's difficult to hear the television and then when you go out there, he just sits and looks like a tiny regular frog. How can he possibly be that loud? I'm gonna get a little top hat and cane and lay out there for him. See if I can get him to sing something a little more pleasing to the ear...so I won't care if I can hear Dan McLaughlin and Al Hrabosky's commentary of the Cardinal game. 

And the deer in our backyard contemplating the best way to climb up the slide.
I mean it's like we could film our own episode of Wild Kingdom around here. And I didn't even mention the snapping turtle we saw in the middle of the street while we were on our walk, or the nearly five feet long snake the recyling man had to remove from our elderly neighbor's garage....all this week. Eew.

No comments:
Post a Comment