
Landon was back in the Lou for his lastest ultrasound and xray check up at the beginning of May. All is well of course and I LOVE having nothing to report. Those trips are always the easy ones..the ultrasound and xray trips. They require no needles and so we're very cooperative. This trip was no different except for at the end I felt like a bad mom because I promised no needles, and didn't think about the doctor ordering blood work. Boo for blood work! At least it was over quickly...silver lining.
We did have a tiny set back once blood work was over though. Chad realized we were missing Little Guy...dalmation pictured left. Little Guy is one of Landon's favorite 'friends' and since we had been on the 9th floor at the hem-onc lab, and the 8th floor out at the garden, I scurried to cover our steps and found him under a chair in the waiting room in the lab on 9. We were able to replace him back in the bag before Landon even realized he was missing. Catastrophe avoided.
We went up to the garden to kill time while waiting for our appointment. I dropped the ball and forgot to put Grant's shoes in the bag so he ran around in his socks all day...nice work on that mom. But here he is at the garden standing in this window that overlooks the interstate and the park. We were being mean cracking up at him because he was flipping out and clinging to Chad. The window was round so he wasn't a fan of standing it alone...
We went up to the garden to kill time while waiting for our appointment. I dropped the ball and forgot to put Grant's shoes in the bag so he ran around in his socks all day...nice work on that mom. But here he is at the garden standing in this window that overlooks the interstate and the park. We were being mean cracking up at him because he was flipping out and clinging to Chad. The window was round so he wasn't a fan of standing it alone......evidently.

And here's Landon and Little Guy sitting at one of the little ponds with fish...a little more peacefully than Grant in the window. We have visited the garden a lot when we go up for our check ups. Usually we have a little down time between our scans/xrays and our appointments and there's no better place to go to hang out when you don't have enough time to leave the hospital. Every time we go there I remember that feeling of the first few days we visited the garden, Landon with all of his tubes in the caterpillar wagon and the feeling of floating around and not really being inside my own body. And I think of how blessed and thankful we are to visit the garden without tubes and listen to both our little guys giggle and watch them throw pennies in the fountain.

No comments:
Post a Comment