Saturday, June 4, 2011

Landon's Mother's Day Tea








Landon's preschool put on a Mother's Day Tea for all the mommies. It was very sweet. We all sat in the sanctuary of the church and the kids came up front and sang us a little song. It's fun for me to see Landon in that scenario...this is my first go around to be on the Mom side instead of the teacher side. You definitely appreciate it more I think when you've experienced both sides. I know how long we work on our Mother's Day production in first grade so I can imagine how long you have to work on it with 3 and 4 year olds. It's also fun to see Landon with a group of kids his age. Since he's been with home sitters he's not been with a big class a lot. He was standing with his best buddy, Creighton during the performance and Tressa (Creighton's Mom) and I were cracking up because Creighton saluted through the entire song. Hilarious. Here's a short video of the second half of the song. I was enjoying the performance and forgot to start videoing. I recorded a full performance later at home. ;)





















After they sang we went back into their classroom and had cookies and lemonade and they gave us a potted flower in a pot they had painted. On the wall were drawings of all the moms and a little interview the teachers had done with the kids about their moms. They were entertaining to say the least. The funniest collective response was to how old the moms were. Some of us were 'older than 4' and some of us were 70. Score for me, I'm 20! ;)


Here's Landon with his three teachers whom he loves VERY much. I was bummed the picture was dark...and it's such a good pic too!!!

And here I am, queen for the day, wtih my two handsome princes, on the actual Mother's Day holiday. Between all the house stuff and soccer we didn't make it home to see my side of the fam....and for some reason I have no pictures from Chad's side either. I took some pictures but they're all of the kids...not the moms/grandmas. Hmmm..... They'll be on later. I've got some Baby Sophia bloggin coming up.







No comments: