Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Blog with Cinnamon and Sugar on the Top!


Keepin' Up with the Kutschers turns 3 this week!!
Happy Birthday Dear Blog! It's been a rough year for you, what with that whole accidentally deleting you thing, but I'm glad we've pulled through it together. Here's to many more happy years!! Sound your party horns here!


Okay on to the regular weekly recap...It seems like I'm posting a lot of things that Landon is making and eating in the kitchen. I'm not sure why I feel the need to tell everyone about these events, they're pretty regular type things....but then again, that's pretty much what the blog is. It's my own little Seinfeld episode.
So this week the nothing we were doing was making and trying cinnamon toast and monkey bread for the first time. Not on the same day of course...that'd be a lot of cinnamon and sugar! I do have to give a little shout out to Grandma Linda here though. When Landon showed me the recipe for monkey bread he brought home in his backpack it brought back some fond memories. Grandma Linda made superb monkey bread for us when we were younger. She's famous for it....that and her individual Jello and cool whip sundaes in the fancy glasses. Mmmm. Those were some fun times. Many a Sunday afternoon was spent eating monkey bread or jello sundaes, playing Play-Doh and school, when Lori pretended to be "Mrs. Bacon" and we thought she was naming herself after a breakfast meat.....wait just a gosh darn minute....Lori, were you pining to be Mrs. Kevin Bacon??! :) He He!
Soccer season also started this week...with kinda cruddy weather...and a late gym time slot. Fortunately they only had to use it once. The rest of the days coach decided to make them tough it out outside and was home by 6:45ish. Let's see what else....I got my hair done and have my new spring blonde hue back...Grant got sick, and then I followed suit, and that's been pretty much the whole weekend. I've gone from a nasty cold to some yucky tummy stuff that I at first blamed on a big ol salad from D'Arcy's. However it's kicked my butt the whole day so I don't know if that's a fair assessment. I think Grant is getting teeth, but he did manage to spew twice on Thursday night and sleep restlessly through Advil doses. He has zero appetite, which all could mean teeth. Who knows...Here's what I do know....he's not his normal go with the flow, happy guy self. Bum-mer.
My big accomplishment of the weekend: MY KITCHEN IS CLEEEEEEAAN. I mean REALLY clean. Like I cleaned off the desk and filed (aka threw in drawers) bills, I cleaned every piece of the high chair (disgusting) and cleaned the floor on my hands and knees. This took me the entire day yesterday. That's ALL I got done, but it was very satisfying when I got up this morning to come out here to a clean kitchen. And by "got up" I mean I drug myself from my bed at 9:30 to the couch...then asked Chad to please go get my pillow for me. I did shower and brush my teeth, but that's about as far as I've gotten today. Actually sitting up at this computer is an accomplishment. I'm forcing myself....baby steps....I need to go to work tomorrow. I've already had a three day weekend and my sick days are numbered after we lived through that horrendous flu we had in November.
So when I went back to look for the blog's actual birthday (it's March 11th by the way) I re-visited some old videos and posts. My my my how Landon has grown. It cracked me up to hear him talking 2 to 3 years ago. Hilarious. I mean, I'd forgotten how much he was talking before the age of two. And let's just be up front and go ahead and say that he hasn't STOPPED talking since! Here's a picture of him DEMANDING Chad to "go ahead and give it a sniff" regarding the cinnamon and sugar he was rolling the monkey bread in. There's no doubt the kid is extremely verbal. In fact I believe that his verbal-ness (probably NOT a word) is probably going to stunt Grant's. Because when the heck is he ever gonna get a turn to talk anyway?!?!






























One of both of the boys' favorite things to do is to shower with Chad. Last night Grant went first, I got him out and put Landon in. From the moment I put Landon in, he said, "Guess what Dad, I wanna tell you a story," and he didn't stop talking until he got out. Chad didn't say a word. I managed to lotion Grant up, diaper him, get his jammies on, comb his hair, get the camera and go back and he was STILL talking. Oh my gosh I hope he's able to shut it down long enough to listen to a teacher at school. Here's the "end-ish" of the Big Foot story he was telling Chad. Mild nudity here in this video...none of Chad though. :) Don't laugh! That took some effort!



No comments: