Sunday, March 27, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up (Tater Head)

Tater Head is my Dad's name for Landon...get it, Tater Head and Tater Tot? ;) And while we're on it, I'm uncertain whether you spell 'tater' with an 'er' or an 'or'....and really think it probably doesn't matter since it's not technically a real word. :) Not as much to update with Landon. When you get the ripe old age of four you're not learning new tricks every week ya know. He's really enjoying playing outside, especially baseball. Here he is swinging and Grandpa and Grandma's house. This is the first year he's been able to really swing pretty high without me holding my breath and saying "hold on! hold on!" the entire time he's on the swing. In his maturity he's also starting to get sensitive about things and get his feelings hurt a little easier. I raised my voice at him this morning, trying to get him ready for church....I know, I know....CHURCH....I shouldn't be screaming at the kid. In my defense, the kid moves like a turtle and is so easily distracted. For Chad and I to say 'get your shoes on' five times in morning is not an abnormality. REALLY? Five times?! I start to lose my patience. So when I got crabby with him this morning, the lower lip went out and there were big crocodile tears. I felt horrible. I apologized to him and explained that if he would listen and do the things we ask him to do the first or second time instead of the fourth or fifth that Mommy wouldn't be as crabby. He said okay through sniffles...and when I left him in Sunday school he was still pouting about it. Ugh. I felt awful. But I guarantee tomorrow morning, when we're trying to get out of here....we're gonna go through the same thing again. He's also kinda turning into a drama queen, over-reacting and being sensitive about things. Not sure if this is a side effect of him being sick this past week or what. He was extremely whiny...and understandably so. He was running a 102 fever for almost 4 days, coughing like crazy, and taking breathing treatments. He's pretty much over all that stuff...the cough is still hanging on, but it's nothing like it was, but the whining hasn't really gone away. I'm hoping that going back to our regular routine and him not being stuck home everyday will end the whining as well. On Tuesday, before the weather tanked, Landon was starting to feel icky, but wasn't down yet. He didn't want to eat (nothing new) so I told him we could pack a picnic lunch for him to come eat out on the front step while I worked on our landscaping. He was thrilled. Here he is with his picnic lunch, which consisted of yogurt, a piece of bread and butter, a banana, baby carrots, and a Capri Sun. We visited Great Grandma Linda last weekend, too. Here she is with a lap full of Kutscher boys...and a tag reader. :)





I had this fantastically entertaining video of Landon but for the life of me can't get the stinkin thing to load. He was playing with a doll house and bear family at Mom and Dad's and had this elaborate plot going with the Mama Bear kicking the Daddy Bear "out of Effingham" for waking up the Baby Bear. Daddy Bear was upset. Mommy Bear was angry, there was some sort of tussle between the two. Then we suggested Daddy Bear apologize to Mommy Bear, but his efforts were in vain because the Mama Bear just "kicked him out of Effingham" again. Hilarious. He's got an imagination...that's for sure. :)

No comments: