Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's That on YOUR plate?














He's BAA-ACK! We knew one of the most common side effects of chemo was loss of appetite, and that one hit Landon hard. Being that it's difficult to get a lot of two year olds to eat, we weren't sure how much Landon's lack of interest in eating we could blame on chemo, but there was a definite change in his eating habits. There were days that if he asked to eat Cheetos for dinner, he got em...because we just wanted him to eat SOMETHING. He wouldn't drink anything but milk and his preferred snack was ice chips. After the last couple of weeks though, I think it's safe to say our boy is back! His appetite has slowly but surely picked back up to where it was before chemo. He's drinking juice again, and Cheetos aren't on the menu for meals. He actually is starting to maybe even eat more foods than he did before chemo. He asked the other night during dinner, "What's that on YOUR plate?" It was baked chicken, which he wouldn't even think of touching before. If it wasn't in nugget form, he wasn't eatin' the chicky. After I told him what it was, he wanted some...and proceeded to eat four bites of it. He also asked for cauliflower, which used to be one of his favorites. Now we've gone through two heads of cauliflower in the last ten days or so.
Another odd thing we've noticed is that Landon wants to talk about how everything smells now. Grant smells like puke. The bathroom smells like toilet paper. (huh....okay, if that's what you think). The garage smells good. (not sure about that one either) He comments on our perfume and cologne. The other day he asked me if I would clean the couch (with rubbing alcohol) so he could sniff it. WEIRD! We were talking about this with Chad's Mom and put together that we think he lost his sense of smell with chemo, like another chemo patient Chris and Chad had talked to in the clinic. I'm sure this is connected to his appetite, but it's also made for some interesting comments. :) Hip Hip Hooray for Landon's sense of smell and appetite!

Now for some catchin' up! Last Sunday we had the fam over to watch the Super Bowl on our Monstrosity of a television. Yes, I capitalized that word on purpose. Landon and Grant were decked out in their Colts wear, but to no avail. I should make note, that neither Chad nor I feel that strongly about the Colts. The gear was provided by Kassi Mac, a former player of Chad's and a favorite baby-sitter of Landon...also a huge Colts fan.
Here are Grant and Caleb, too. Not a great picture, but I had to put it on. And here are Laura and Christie doing bed time story detail after the game. As Chad said, "That's blog-tastic!"
I had other big plans for this entry, but since I've been working on it for about a week now, I have forgotten what those plans were. And now I have lots more recent footage to cover, so I'm gonna close this out with a smilin' Grant, and move onto a new post.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Megan - Your boys are adorable. I'm so glad Landon is doing good.