I have so many little Landon stories that I decided to give him his own post, immersed in his three year pics. Perfect timing huh? Landon is really good at cracking us up, as he is a lot of people. Here are some recent "Crackings Up."Landon has recently mastered going potty standing up. Last weekend at my Mom and Dad's, he told me during one trip: "Hey, I'm makin' bubbles just like Daddy!" And told my Mom on another trip that he, "needed some privacy." This afternoon when I was called in to assist with the end of a number two, he said to me: "Do you see the poopy in there Mommy? Do you see it? You can't see it cause it's hidin'. Poopies don't like people."
WHAT THE?!?! That's a little crude but I couldn't leave it off.
He also just got a Dr. Seuss stuffed animal...the orange guy from The Foot Book. We named him Left Foot, since the story starts out "Left foot, left foot, left foot, right." We took Left Foot to Grandpa
and Grandma's for the weekend, where my dad gave him a life of his own. Left Foot was chasing Landon through the house and pulled the waist of his pants down. At bed time, I snuggled him up with his yellow blanket and Left Foot, when he looked down at him and said, "I don't want this guy in here. He's Papa's buddy."
and Grandma's for the weekend, where my dad gave him a life of his own. Left Foot was chasing Landon through the house and pulled the waist of his pants down. At bed time, I snuggled him up with his yellow blanket and Left Foot, when he looked down at him and said, "I don't want this guy in here. He's Papa's buddy."When reading books on the couch before bed time, he told me he couldn't lay down with the books, because when he laid down, "the book kept trippin out of his hands."
One of Landon's favorite things to do is take a shower with Chad. This morning he said, "Dad
! I'm gettin' shower up my nose!" I don't know about you, but I hate it when I get shower up MY nose. And in another separate shower, he said, "Dad, stop splashin. My eyes are gettin tangled up."
! I'm gettin' shower up my nose!" I don't know about you, but I hate it when I get shower up MY nose. And in another separate shower, he said, "Dad, stop splashin. My eyes are gettin tangled up." On Friday, the boys and I headed to the mall. While we were walking, Landon told me he had some "seriously stinky toots." And when we stopped at Macy's at the Clinique counter, he said, "Mom, those girls are lookin' at me." The make-up ladies were looking at him, smiling, and waving. I said, "Well it's because you're so cute." He says, "Mom...(dramatic pause) I am not cute. Babies are cute. I am a big boy."

This afternoon all three of my boys were napping at the same time!! WOO-HOO! It was short lived though. I left the room, and before I could get back, Landon was yelling, "Mom! I need a pancake!" I mean the kid was in a dead, mouth open sleep two seconds before. I kinda laughed at him, and said, "Gee whiz, bud, were you dreamin' about pancakes?" He says, "Yup. Daddy, were you dreamin' of pancakes, too?" Chad groggily says, "Uh, maybe."
Also, new in Landon's world is a mild obsession with the Wii. If you'll recall, we won the Wii before Christmas at a fund raiser. Right off the bat, Landon's favorite game to play was baseball. (Ha! Right off the bat! Get it?! ) He's picked up the other games on Wii sports, too. He likes tennis and boxing and isn't too bad at either one of those either. He enjoys golf, but doesn't really get it. He likes to play the "water" games...the ones where you can hit the ball into the water. And that's his goal when he plays, to hit it in the water. We've tried to explain
that you're not supposed to hit it in there, but he gets a big kick out of it I guess. The only game he wasn't able to play was bowling. That one takes a little more coordination, because you have to let go of a certain button at a certain time to let go of the bowling ball. Well, he's gotten on to that the past couple of weeks, too. He's a SERIOUS bowler. He bowled two games over 190 in one afternoon last week, and legitimately beats both me and Chad on a regular basis. He's so into that when we drove by the bowling alley last week, he saw the sign, and said in the most thrilled voice you can imagine, "Mommy! Is that a BOWLING HOUSE?!" When I said yes, he begged to go in. Somehow I don't think real bowling is going to live up to his expectations. However, when flipping through the statio
ns after church, Chad spotted bowling on one of our 500 ESPN channels and Landon sat intently and watched while commenting on the skill of the bowlers. Hilarious.
that you're not supposed to hit it in there, but he gets a big kick out of it I guess. The only game he wasn't able to play was bowling. That one takes a little more coordination, because you have to let go of a certain button at a certain time to let go of the bowling ball. Well, he's gotten on to that the past couple of weeks, too. He's a SERIOUS bowler. He bowled two games over 190 in one afternoon last week, and legitimately beats both me and Chad on a regular basis. He's so into that when we drove by the bowling alley last week, he saw the sign, and said in the most thrilled voice you can imagine, "Mommy! Is that a BOWLING HOUSE?!" When I said yes, he begged to go in. Somehow I don't think real bowling is going to live up to his expectations. However, when flipping through the statio
ns after church, Chad spotted bowling on one of our 500 ESPN channels and Landon sat intently and watched while commenting on the skill of the bowlers. Hilarious. In other things Landon, he's still really enjoying school, and had his first Valentine's Day party with his friends. Here he is with the Valentines he took...bubbles. I was going to make home made play dough for all the kiddos, but am starting to realize that I'm probably not going to be able to do everything just like I want, since I'm working under huge time restrictions. So many things I wanna do, definitely NOT enough time to get them done. So home made play dough was sacrificed for bubbles from Wal-Mart. The kids probably liked these just as well, or maybe better.

He took his first pictures last week with a real camera, too. He got a camera for his birthday and has been pla
ying with that. One day I had my camera out taking pictures of Grant, and he asked if he could take a picture. I let him take two, and they both are really pretty good, so I told him I'd put them on the blog.
ying with that. One day I had my camera out taking pictures of Grant, and he asked if he could take a picture. I let him take two, and they both are really pretty good, so I told him I'd put them on the blog. Landon is starting to feel comfortable going to Sunday School again. We had laid out since July since we were strongly urged not to put him with groups of children while he was going through chemo. It took a little while, but he's starting not to cry EVERY time now. He brings home papers each week, and he memorized his first bible verse. We were so proud. I am NOT so proud, however, of the attitude that he cops when asked to do something that's not his idea. Here he is saying his Bible verse....three going on 14. Okay, something wrong with blogger...won't upload video. I'll try it again tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment