So I've been off work since after Thanksgiving, and a week from tomorrow I bite the bullet and rejoin the rest of the working society. I'm definitely not cut out to be a stay at home mom, but I think I could really get used to working part time instead of full time. And by working "part time" I mean working part time out of the house. When I stay home, I'm not, not working ya know. I've been working on my taggie business pretty hard and have decided to rent out a stand at the Clinton Apple and Pork festival in September. I figure I've got all summer to whip up taggies, burp cloths and what have
you to prepare, so I'm pretty excited about that. And you know I always have some home decorating project going. This weekend Chad and I undertook the "play room" in the basement. It's going to be Landon and Grant's toy room, but also my scrapbooking/sewing room. Maybe we'll call it the Play Room/Taggie Lab. :) It's most certainly not going to be finished before I go back to work, but I'm hoping I can get the painting done at least. We'll still have to get an outlet moved and put down some new flooring for it to be ready for my new desk to be installed sometime late this spring. Have I also mentioned that soccer starts the day I go back to work? Both feet to the fire, Kutschers. 
This weekend, we left the boys with Chad's Mom and Dad on Friday night for an overnighter. We went to dinner with Phil and Kristi and then came home to paint. We worked on painting (I say we, but Chad worked on an electrical outlet) until early Saturday afternoon and then went to pick the boys up. They did great. Landon had a great time, and stayed up until 2:30 in the morning. Yes, I typed 2:30...not a mistake. He didn't want to let his eyes close, so he says. Grant did the usual 10:00
to 3:00 deal, which made me relieved. I think I would've been pretty upset if he would've slept through the night.
to 3:00 deal, which made me relieved. I think I would've been pretty upset if he would've slept through the night. Saturday evening the Tweryon and Crews families came over. I used to teach with Heather and Renee back when we were all Pretzels. Lots of things have changed since then. Heather stays home with her THREE girls, she did just have one. I am now a Rocket, and Renee is teaching out of the brand new home of the Pretzels...the new elementary building, which I'm hoping to be able to tour this week before I go back to work. Here are our little ones on the couch. All the girls belong to Heather and Brian and the two boys you don't recognize belong to Renee and Damien. The kids all had a great time playing together. We took a picture of us three girls, too. We discussed the last time we had a picture of all three of us taken...at my bachelorette party. I'm not posting that, since we're much tanner, thinner, and younger in
that picture. We're not gonna dwell on that. Moving on....
that picture. We're not gonna dwell on that. Moving on....So as I look forward to my last week off, I'm going to try to start easing myself back into my classroom. I have an RtI project I'm supposed to be working on for my second year mentoring professional development plan, and I have to update my portfolio and turn it into my principal. I'd like to get part of that knocked out before I get thrown back into teaching a full day. If I were a circus clown I would be juggling a lot of balls, (and scaring a lot of children and adults alike probably). I know I'm not the only pe
rson who's busy. I'm not trying to drum up sympathy. I guess I'm more wondering while I type about how I'm gonna keep all the balls in the air, and do the stuff I wanna do...like blog, sew, and talk to my friends. Maybe I'll just stop sleeping all together. That would free up some time. :) Jokes. Don't call an asylum to come get me. Maybe since I've just done three blog posts in one day, I'll take a week off. (So keep reading when you're done with this one) Only if it's a boring week, people, and I'd pretty much put money on it NOT being a boring week with Landon and Grant around. :)
rson who's busy. I'm not trying to drum up sympathy. I guess I'm more wondering while I type about how I'm gonna keep all the balls in the air, and do the stuff I wanna do...like blog, sew, and talk to my friends. Maybe I'll just stop sleeping all together. That would free up some time. :) Jokes. Don't call an asylum to come get me. Maybe since I've just done three blog posts in one day, I'll take a week off. (So keep reading when you're done with this one) Only if it's a boring week, people, and I'd pretty much put money on it NOT being a boring week with Landon and Grant around. :)
2 comments:
Love all the pics!! You all look great!!!
I love the feet picture!! They are all so good!! What handsome boys!!
Post a Comment