
Not much to report this week. It was just another week here. One more chemo treatment down and Landon continues to do extremely well. His sleeping habits are way off, but that's minimal compared to what we could be dealing with. When he DOES sleep, it's in our bed....he looks pretty angelic though. Poor Chad has been out on the couch a couple of nights this week. Between Landon and all the pillows I have to have to prop everything, there's not a whole lot of room in there. Landon acts like he feels fine which is such a blessing. We went out to the playground at school on Monday evening. He says, "I don't want to stay at my house," a lot, so we went to play. Here's a picture of him being brave on the slide. He did a nose dive off a slide at the park earlier in the summer and has been
a little shy about slides. He's getting over it though.I went in to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon. Much to my relief I was given the okay to stay on my feet at work, as long as I can sit more often than I had been. I've been working very hard at that and even have put a stool under my desk to prop my feet up on when I'm sitting. When I come home from work, I'm pretty much stuck to the couch. If it keeps me working (and from going insane and causing serious discomfort) I can manage making myself lay down in the evenings. The good thing is that Landon is pretty independent and can play and entertain himself. I have to get up to fetch an occasional cup of milk or bowl of Mickey Mouse cheese, but I can handle that. And really the discomfort has eased up. By the end of the week though, I'm B-E-A-T. We've got plenty of people to help out with everything, so that DEFINITELY helps.
Jim and Linda Brissenden, good friends of my mom and dad, have sent Landon a shipment of play hats. When they came I was super excited thinking he would love them. He
wasn't amused. We've had them a month, but this week he rediscovered them and has been very entertaining. HIS favorite is the race car driver hat, OF COURSE. Side story here: He kept talking about "Joey DaGano" last week. Saying all kinds of random things about this guy I'd never heard of. "Joey DaGano likes donuts.....Joey DaGano camped out.....Joey DaGano went to the soccer game." I googled Joey DaGano and came up with nothin. I posted on facebook to see if anyone had ever heard of him, and good 'ol Uncle Stallion solved the mystery. Landon's been talking about Joey Logano....the NASCAR driver. I thought it was weird that an imaginary friend would sound like a character off The Sopranos.) So anyway, MY favorite hat is the Air Force officer hat, which I haven't captured in a picture yet. He wore it sitting at the counter eating a snack and did a salute and gave me a "Yes, Sir!" when asked a question. I'm hoping I can video that for next week. Until then, here he is in his race car driver hat.
wasn't amused. We've had them a month, but this week he rediscovered them and has been very entertaining. HIS favorite is the race car driver hat, OF COURSE. Side story here: He kept talking about "Joey DaGano" last week. Saying all kinds of random things about this guy I'd never heard of. "Joey DaGano likes donuts.....Joey DaGano camped out.....Joey DaGano went to the soccer game." I googled Joey DaGano and came up with nothin. I posted on facebook to see if anyone had ever heard of him, and good 'ol Uncle Stallion solved the mystery. Landon's been talking about Joey Logano....the NASCAR driver. I thought it was weird that an imaginary friend would sound like a character off The Sopranos.) So anyway, MY favorite hat is the Air Force officer hat, which I haven't captured in a picture yet. He wore it sitting at the counter eating a snack and did a salute and gave me a "Yes, Sir!" when asked a question. I'm hoping I can video that for next week. Until then, here he is in his race car driver hat.On to the question of the week: "What are taggies?" Taggies are soft little cuddly blankets with ribbons sewn around them. I also sew in a binky clip to one of the ribbons. They're a hit
. Here are two boy taggies I sold this week. The boy taggies are cute, but of course, just like wardrobes, there are so many more options for girl taggies. I've got four girl taggies that I've already sold that are pinned together right now. I'll be sure to take pictures of those before delivering them. I'm sure 90% of you blog readers don't give a flyin' flip about taggies, but I'm gonna post it anyway. It's my blog and I'll post what I want to, post what I want to, post what I want to. You'd post it too if it were makin' money for you. Na na na na na. :) (another place I'd like to insert music.....I gotta learn how to do that!)
. Here are two boy taggies I sold this week. The boy taggies are cute, but of course, just like wardrobes, there are so many more options for girl taggies. I've got four girl taggies that I've already sold that are pinned together right now. I'll be sure to take pictures of those before delivering them. I'm sure 90% of you blog readers don't give a flyin' flip about taggies, but I'm gonna post it anyway. It's my blog and I'll post what I want to, post what I want to, post what I want to. You'd post it too if it were makin' money for you. Na na na na na. :) (another place I'd like to insert music.....I gotta learn how to do that!)So segway into music.....I finally captured Landon dancing to the Eagle Rock from the Wiggles in Space. I hope you find it as entertaining as we do. You'll have to crank the speakers so you can hear the sound...that's important. And you'll also have to tolerate the bad camera work. I was silently laughing and shaking the camera. My apologies. Also, let me apologize up front for this song. It's one of those that just gets stuck in your head and you sing over and over. I'm hoping the effect won't be a strong on you. After you see this movie oh, 126 times, you sing The Eagle Rock everyday of your life at some point in the day. The perils of parenting a toddler. :)
Addition.....GOT IT!!
6 comments:
you should be proud of those taggies! they are cute to boot AND audrey loves hers! i keep looking at them, acting like i'm an actual seamtress, trying to figure out how they're made! ha! glad to hear it was a good week! :)
Hey, if you happen to have a boy taggie, and can get it here by friday I'll take one! I have a baby shower on saturday. Let me know how much and I will add it to the bracelet check. Hope you have another good week! Love you!
Emily has a taggie ball that she got when she was a baby. It has a little jingle bell inside of it too. It's super cute...maybe something to think about! :) I also had to giggle at the Mickey Mouse cheese...Emily is addicted to it! She insist on Mickey Mouse cheese with EVERY meal!
I love the dance and I love your background snickering. I would also like to order a boy taggie, but don't need it for a few weeks. My dental hygenist had a little boy this summer and I'm scheduled for a cleaning sometime within the next month or two.
Love the videos!! Your son is so cute!
Hey, take it easy!
Post a Comment