Sunday, September 20, 2009

Putt Putt Putting our Way Through Chemo




















One of these boys slept all night from 11:30 to 7:30 in their own bed. The other one slept on a couch and probably really wasn't that comfortable, then woke up to make a 5 hour drive home. You probably can figure out which boy is which. This is a huge progression from the boy you see sleeping in this picture earlier in the week. When I got in the shower this is how he was laying in our bed....that's right....that's the foot of our bed and he's laying between Chad's legs. No wonder we don't feel rested when we wake up. It's time to put the puddin' to bed tonight. We'll see how that goes. As I'm typing I'm realizing I'm doing a whole lot of blogging about sleeping...or rather not sleeping. Sorry to keep bringing up old stuff. All I can say is that maybe by the time the baby gets here I'll stop talking about not sleeping and just accept it. You're supposed to be awake with a newborn at least.



Friday Landon had his 7th chemo treatment, the third with the double dosage. Last time he had this he was not a pleasure to be with the entire weekend. This weekend we pulled out all the stops to keep him entertained and distracted. Mom and Michael were Friday night and we went to Toys R Us to buy train tracks to make his track "just like the one at Children's Hospital." Saturday Dad came up to join the fam and that night Larry and Chris met all of us out for a family outing to Knight's Action Park for Landon to try his hand at putt putt golf. He of course loved it. He even was putting his baseball with his baseball bat today. Not sure which sport is going to be his "thing" but he's definitely gonna be an athlete. So mission accomplished.....great weekend. He's complained of his tummy today, but that ended after he finally went to the bathroom this evening. Minimal problems. We're getting there! Only 12 weeks to go.



Speaking of athlete.....the Sandercocks came over this evening and brought Landon (and Daddy) a little gift. Check this out. Oh and it's even personalized! How cute is that?!








In other news...I go to the doctor this Friday to see if I'm still 4 weeks ahead. I'm not sure what to even hope for....not that it matters. :) It is what it is. It'll come when it comes. And yes, it's still "it."

I've made six more taggies, but am refraining from posting pictures because of lack of time. I am adding a new feature to the blog this week though, below the video of the week. It will be called "Deep Thoughts, by Landon Kutscher" These are direct quotes from the big guy. All three of these are from this week, too. He's very entertaining.

Video explanation: Landon is obsessed with the back of Michael's truck. Not sure why, but he is. Here he is doing his running exercises....that "tweet" is him blowing the whistle if you're wondering. Yeah, he's a coach's kid. What can ya do?




Deep Thoughts by Landon Kutscher:
"I don't want to see the fireworks, Mommy. Fireworks are like lions and tigers. They're kinda scary and they go RAAARRR!"

After Chad greeted Landon with a kiss and an unshaven face: "Daddy, you've got sprinkles on your face.....just like Adam Wainwright." (His Adam Wainwright bobble head has whiskers painted on him. Whiskers/sprinkles....same thing.

After I told him the Sandercocks were coming over: "The Sandercrocs? Mommy I have red crocs." (speaking of his shoes)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Megan - Kelly of Kelly's Korner blog fame will be doing one "Show Us Your Life Friday" that features people who make things and sell them. It's going to be later this fall and will be an early Christmas shopping preview. I think your taggies would be great to feature in her post! If you are on of the first people to link up, you will get hundreds of hits.

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/09/whole-lot-of-stuff.html

I'll keep you posted on the date.

P.S. - I plan to make a big stock-up order soon...lots more babies to be born who need taggies in Indiana.

Gina Taylor said...

Megan - The Sandercroc's...now that is some funny stuff...and speaking of the Sandercroc's - you will have to ask them about the Taylor's :). Gina