Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fact or Fiction?



Okay, we're officially four days into summer vacation. It's the best part of summer truly. The part when all of your free time is ahead of you....an open slate, a blank canvas, to fill as you wish.

So here are some questions for you.....based on the experiences of the last week at the Kutscher household.

Fact or Fiction:

1. Landon and Abby are nearly two years apart, but only one size apart in diapers......
That my friends is a fact. My child is a shrimp....not a shock really. And honestly, did we expect our kid to be as big as a Mehring....um, no.

2. Abby isn't a good napper.
FICTION! Here's the fact....she can't nap at Vella's cause it's crazy rowdy in there. Here, she's a marathon napper. I do have to lay down with her at the beginning, but who minds that? Not this pregnant lady. I love me some snugglin' and nappin' around 1:00.

3. My Father-in-Law is not an animal lover.

That's fiction too. Pictured here you will see a nest of baby bunnies that are nestled near our back step. We of course had no idea they were even there until yesterday when Larry was using the outside faucet yesterday and baby bunnies dashed every which way. Larry felt so bad that he shooed each one of them back to the nest and attempted to shoo the mom back up to the step. She unfortunately shooed the wrong direction, but as of today the bunnies are still in their nest. Now if it was a nest of kitties we disturbed, this story would probably be different. I am going to choose to believe the bunnies are gonna be fine. If you have information that they may not live if their mom doesn't come back or some other detail that I don't know.....don't post it on this blog.
4. Our kitchen is done and it's beautiful.

FICTION for certain. Here's the progress this week.....we've got drywall, and plumbing though you can't see it from this angle. Tomorrow the cabinets are delivered. No set date on the delivery of an installation guy though. We better have good news regarding that issue tomorrow or Lowe's is gonna get an ear full.





5. Landon can use the phrase, "Holy Cow!" appropriately.
That's a fact. Here he is shouting Holy Cow when I pointed out a snail in one of our planters out front.

6. I AM a professional photographer.
Well, maybe not, but seriously I think I could sell this one to National Geographic or something. Dang I'm good. Okay, well, Sony Cybershot is good. It's not hard to capture a snail. I
mean honestly, it's a snail. Not like it's going
anywhere.


7. No photo for this one, because I have yet to shower today and have spent yet another day cleaning up dry wall dust. You show much quicker during your second pregnancy than your first.
FACT. I went to the doctor this week and my jaw about fell to the floor when the nurse informed me I had only gained 2 pounds. I mean I'm glad, cause we've got a long way to go, but seriously I CAN'T WEAR MY PANTS. What the hey? My doctor said, welcome to your 2nd pregnancy....your stomach muscles give out the second you conceive. She knows her stuff, this doctor. I am going to need to invest in some summer maternity wear I believe.

8. The Kutschers have turned into white trash.
Well, fiction, but we're living like hillbillies. I fixed breakfast from a toaster on the window sill this morning. That's pretty bad. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to bear another few weeks. After that I'm probably gonna start whining about it.

9. Landon now has a big boy bed and he's sleeping in it all the way through the night.
Not yet, but we're on the verge. The race car bed has been assembled and he did puzzles on it for a half hour this afternoon. He says he's going to sleep in it....He seems pretty excited...We'll see how it goes. What I did not anticipate is my disappointment and sadness when he was so excited to sleep in it. My baby isn't a baby anymore. :(

10. Chad and Megan have been living five years of wedded bliss.




FACT!....of course! We celebrated our fifth anniversary on June 5. Doesn't seem like it's been five years already. My how time flies, well at least when you're married to your dream man. I can't speak for others I guess. I know I'm one happy girl. We celebrated with dinner at Red Lobster and then we went to see The Hangover. It's hilarious by the way.
Sorry, a little long this week. That's what happens I guess when I don't have school work to do. Still no video this week. I'll do better next week.

2 comments:

ashley said...

andrew would be completely jealous if he saw chad's soccer wedding picture. congrats on your anniversary!

i make most of audrey's bows....if you happen to have a girl....you just find one in your mailbox one day! :)

Sara B said...

I hear ya on the 2nd pregnancy thing! It is a little crazy that I too have gained exactly 2 pounds that feel like 20!