Happy Father's Day!
So, Last year we had a picture of my boys in their matching Cardinal jerseys. This year....Chicago Fire. Landon isn't looking too photogenic, but it's the best we could do. Stay tuned for next year....Landon has had a Beckham jersey that he's been growing into for a year and a half now. He SHOULD be able to wear it next year. To celebrate the Dads in Chad's side of the family we had dinner at the Grandma and Grandpa Kutschers tonight. It was a good picture night....(this one excluded of course).
First things first, all of the patriarchs of the family with the little ones. Pretty good for all of the subjects involved!

Next we have Liam and Landon.....being 2. :) And Landon giving the role of big brother a little practice run with Baby Alyssa. He's a natural, folks!
And here's Abby sporting her Cubs outfit we bought Scott last year for Father's Day. Cutest Cubs fan I've ever seen!Speaking of Abby, she managed to survive this week at our house with no bruising of any kind. THANK GOODNESS. We were off to a rough start there. She spent at least 20 minutes playing in the clothes basket one day this week, standing up, sitting down, standing up, sitting dow
n, peeking over the side, etc. Here's a picture that I took that's guaranteed to show up in a wedding or graduation slide show down the road.
n, peeking over the side, etc. Here's a picture that I took that's guaranteed to show up in a wedding or graduation slide show down the road.We hit the potty training pretty hard this week. I've been disillusioned. I really thought a good week of this and he would just "get it." WRONG-O. He may get it, but he doesn't care and doesn't want to do it. I counted on his sticker chart. He peed 41 times in the potty this week. Pretty good right? Yeah, sounds good. But he still REFUSES to do a number two....hides whenever he goes.....lies about going.....throws himself on the floor to keep from being drug to the potty. And even for number ones, does not tell me anytime he needs to go. I just have to drag him in there and plop him on the potty. He always goes really fast, but there's always drama involved in getting him in the bathroom. This is not a good time, people. But I will not relent. It is my mission to get this kid in underwear by August. Battle of the wills here. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat to see who's gonna crack. I wish I could confidently say, I've got this battle whipped. Doesn't matter to me how long he wants to fight it. It would be half hearted at this point. I'm pooped....if only he were! ha! Great potty humor right?
It was a pretty uneventful week really. No major progress on the kitchen. I'm putting a picture up so you can see the cabinets with the doors and the crown molding, but big whoop right? Not that different. It looks nice, but still no function as a kitchen yet. They came to measure for the countertops on Thursday. We were told it would take a 5 to 7 days. The guy measured then said, "okay, see ya in two weeks." To which I replied, "Uh...excuse me....what? We were told 5 to 7 days? " "Oh, well, that's the regular stock formica tops, ma'am. When you order it without the backsplash it takes longer." LOVELY. What's another week?!!??!?
! WHY does it take LONGER to make the top WITHOUT the four inch lip. Bring me the stock crap. I'll saw the backsplash area off myself. (I didn't say those last few things out loud of course. I kept my composure) We did pick out a back splash, a mix of travertene (sp?) and slate, with a touch of sparkly glass. Sounds love
ly, doesn't it? No pictures of that yet. But since we made that decision, I chose a paint color for the dining room area. I even managed to get it up on the walls on Saturday! Go Me! It's Chocolate Raspberry, and I love it. :) It matches the slate part of the backsplash....and compliments the cabinets nicely. Makes that part of the room look lots better. Mango peach was not a good look with the terra cotta floor. And after looking at this picture, you may think Chocolate Raspberry doesn't look good with it either, but it will.....trust me. Just gotta pull it all together......hopefully sometime in the near future. Pray for my sanity please.
! WHY does it take LONGER to make the top WITHOUT the four inch lip. Bring me the stock crap. I'll saw the backsplash area off myself. (I didn't say those last few things out loud of course. I kept my composure) We did pick out a back splash, a mix of travertene (sp?) and slate, with a touch of sparkly glass. Sounds love
ly, doesn't it? No pictures of that yet. But since we made that decision, I chose a paint color for the dining room area. I even managed to get it up on the walls on Saturday! Go Me! It's Chocolate Raspberry, and I love it. :) It matches the slate part of the backsplash....and compliments the cabinets nicely. Makes that part of the room look lots better. Mango peach was not a good look with the terra cotta floor. And after looking at this picture, you may think Chocolate Raspberry doesn't look good with it either, but it will.....trust me. Just gotta pull it all together......hopefully sometime in the near future. Pray for my sanity please.Here's Landon showing off some new tricks he picked up at Grandpa and Grandma's tonight. (Along with a special message for Uncle Don.)


1 comment:
Hey Megan - That bowl on top of your refrigerator - It has bunnies around the top right? I have that VERY SAME BOWL.
Post a Comment