Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cheese!


First full week of summer, and I must say it's been anything but relaxing. We'll start off with the bad news....no cabinet installation happened this week. As a matter of fact, until Thursday we had no idea what was going on with the cabinets. They were delivered Monday morning just like they were supposed to be. But the installer we had subcontracted through Lowe's had difficulties with any type of communication. Since we hadn't heard anything by Thursday, they assigned us a new installer, who is supposed to be coming tomorrow morning first thing. No pictures of the kitchen. I find looking at it in real life depressing enough that I am not subjecting you to any lack of progress pictures. I put up a picture of the kiddos posing on the boxes taking up premium space in our garage. And in my best Forrest Gump voice, "that's all I have to say about that."


In big boy news, we took a break from the potty towards mid week. Because of the mayhem around here, the potty hasn't been a huge priority. I decided to give it a rest for a few days. We went to Barnes and Noble and bought some new books just to look at on the potty, made a nifty sticker chart, and first thing tomorrow morning, we're starting fresh. I'll keep you posted on progress. On the other hand, the big boy bed has been a smash hit. He's sleeping in it all night....with minor infractions, that mostly just involve him crying (from his bed) and wanting someone to lay with him. Here's a video of him getting up last Monday morning after sleeping his first official night in his race car bed.






Abby and Landon had a hoot of a time this week. They've discovered some new games. Their favorite, a toddler/baby version of tag. Landon calls for Abby, she begins to crawl towards him, he runs away, they both laugh, and the game goes on. I'm hooking you up with videos this week. I know I've been slacking.






On Saturday we went to my cousin Kyle's wedding and got to see a lot of my Dad's family. After the wedding, we had a small wing-ding at the Hord Estate that included a very entertaining game of "Landon Bridge" and a small two year old chef cooking up some tasty treats in the kitchen downstairs for anyone who would partake. Unfortunately the battery on my camera went ka-put and I have no pictures to speak of. I have a short video of Landon Bridge, but even it got cut off. :( It still was a fun weekend. Here's Landon getting a lesson on how to properly dress and eat a pancake on Sunday morning.

This evening, after Landon's bath I pulled up his shorts as high as they would go and he put on a small show of "CHEE-EESE!" Last video of the week. I had to put it on. What a cheese-ball. Ha! Get it...CHEESE-ball?! :) This is riveting writing.






One last picture. One of the only sights on the premise of our homestead that didn't cause me stress this week. One of my favorite lilies is blooming! Normally I would cut a few and bring them in, but bringing something beautiful into this hole would be a lost cause at this point. Sigh. Bring on the installation team, PLEASE!

No comments: