Sunday, March 1, 2009

Boys Bein' Boys




Huh. Well, I have so many blog worthy pictures, I really don't even know where to start. This week was our last week of freedom from soccer until....well, about November 1st. Chad's spent the week trying to get things done that needed to be done that he, in a matter of a few short hours, will no longer have time to do. Oil change for my car (check), bathroom sink unclogged (check). We also spent some quality time together this weekend. He took a personal day on Friday, and I took the afternoon off. We went to the bank to close on our re-financing (I know...SO romantic and relaxing), but we also went to Lowe's for me to start dreaming about my new kitchen (whenever it may come into premonition...hopefully sooner than later). Saturday night we went to Heather Cox's surprise 30th birthday party and spent some time with the fam. Today, we laid low. We had a pancake breakfast together. I went to school and realized that I SHOULD NOT be relaxing and then came home and worked on my portfolio that's due tomorrow morning for oh, about 5 hours, and then planned a pig unit and Terra Nova Achievement test schedule for about 2 more hours.



We've been having some sleep issues with Landon of late. The kid wants to stay up until 11 every night and sleep until 9. It's like he's in college or something. Until this week, we were putting him to bed around 9:30, and we had to talk him into it. This week, we put the hammer down. Besides the fact that he wakes up every night at least once or twice demanding "Milk! Milk!" he's an absolute bear to get out of bed in the mornings. After surviving two nights of refusing to get his "milk! milk!" and listening to him cry, scream, and wail, "Mommy! Mommy! Where ARE YOU?!" "Daddy! Daddy! I NEED YOU!" for approximately 2 hours, we decided while we were fighting the good fight, he was going to bed earlier too. Wednesday he was in bed at 9:15. Thursday he was in bed at 9:00. And then the weekend hit and we've ruined all progress made. It's now 10:00 and Chad is rocking in his room for the second time this evening. Why is sleep such a struggle with little people? Everyone goes through this. Why don't kids want to sleep? I don't really want to read a book on theories and practices for getting your kid to sleep, but for cryin' out loud, can we just get a solid six hours around this joint?!?! Sigh. End of sleeping rant.

On the near forefront is another issue we'll be tackling. THE POTTY. He's going in the mornings and after naps (at home), and he's not putting up any fight about it (at least not this week). We have two more weeks of school and then we're off a week for spring break. I know, I know, us teachers have it so good. People who work in the real world don't get spring break. Boo hoo. Boo hoo. I don't feel sorry for ya, folks. You chose your career. I chose mine. All jobs have perks. Let me enjoy mine without ridicule. And guess what, during my spring "break" I'm going to be working on getting a two year old to pee pee and poopy on the potty. Wanna trade me places? (that's not for real...I wouldn't trade). Please forgive me if I sound a wee bit on the grouchy side. I think it may be the sleep deprivation. Anyway, while working on the potty this week, I managed to record quite a concert. Here's a video I call, "Landon: Live in Concert on the Toilette."

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Loved the singing! Keep those videos coming. It's the highlight of my Monday.