Sunday, February 22, 2009

Too Much Madagascar



This week was one for the books. I finished chapter one of my paper. It's 21 pages. "Chapter 1?" you say. "Chapter 1 is 21 pages?" Yeah, two more chapters to go. The last two won't be as long as the first, but thank goodness. I don't know how I'd survive another week of writing like this week. Writing the blog is fun for me. Writing about the successful implementation of Response to Intervention appropriately quoting sources in the APA format, making graphs depicting baseline data....eh....not so much. I officially submitted Chapter 1 at 8:30 Friday night. I was so relieved I felt like throwing a party, but it was just me and Landon here, (Chad was at a coaching clinic until this afternoon) so the party consisted of me yelling, "Yahoo!" and Landon breaking his stare away from Madagascar long enough to give me a look of confusion.


Mom came up Saturday morning, and we spent the day shopping, not really for much specific, but we shopped. Highlights of our purchases:

Mom: barstools for the musicians at church (well, obviously they're not going to be sitting at a bar, but you know what I mean), red sandals, black heels on clearance at Penney's that I wanted, but were too big.

Me: prize box junk from the dollar tubs in Target, a coat for Landon for next winter, a pair of ruby red shoes that give me the urge to click my heels together and wish to go home, and a pair of brown heels on clearance at Penney's that Mom wanted but were too small, and the rest of Landon's Easter outfit. Enjoy the preview of the cutest man on the block.




After we were shopped out, I drug Mom and Landon into my classroom and put Mom (aka. All Star Secretary...I was thinking of abbreviating that, but that would not make a good acronym) to work for a few hours. Room 101 was much more organized when we left. I probably won't feel like I'm going to hypervenilate when I arrive at school tomorrow....I said probably....not definitely.

So Landon's favorite movie at the moment is Madagascar. This evening, while Chad was fixing spaghetti, Landon walked up behind him and bit him on the butt. Chad yelled out in surprise and pain. I cracked up. Chad said, "What are you doing?" and Landon's response was, "I bit you on the butt." I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard I was crying. If you haven't seen Madagascar, there's a scene where a lion and zebra who are good friends are returned back into the wild. The lion bites his buddy on the butt because he thinks he looks like dinner. I think we should take a break from Madagascar before he bites anyone else's booty. I wish I would've had the camera rolling for that moment though.

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Perhaps I'll see if I can draw up a Cartoon Stella for next week. Good luck with that potty training business - oh, and good luck fighting TET.