This picture reminds me of that song they used to sing on Sesame Street, "....three of these kids belong together, three of these kids are kinda the same....which of these kids is doin' is own thing...." You remember that I bet. This definitely would've been the kid doin' his own thing. WHY on earth he feels the need to wear this bucket on his head is beyond me. It's funny enough when he wears it around the house. When he put it on while sitting on the potty, I just couldn't resist.We had a few little glimpses of spring this week.
Glimpse #1: Fleurs. On Monday, one of my students brought me some
beautiful purple tulips. It made my day. They sat on my desk all week and smelled lovely.
beautiful purple tulips. It made my day. They sat on my desk all week and smelled lovely. Glimpse #2: 70 degree temps and winds that Pooh himself would call quite blustery.
Glimpse #3: Walks on the Bike Trail. We went for a walk with Kristi and Charli on Thursday. These two are just all kinds of cute
together. If they really do decide to marry each other, we're gonna have one heck of a slide show of baby pictures. Hey, I know it's not likely, but you just never know.
together. If they really do decide to marry each other, we're gonna have one heck of a slide show of baby pictures. Hey, I know it's not likely, but you just never know. Glimpse #4: Maple Syrup Time at Lincoln Memorial Gardens. Friday my class had a field trip to Lincoln Memorial Gardens for Maple Syrup time. We just happened to luck out and go on the day where it hit 77 degrees and the wind was mild. The sap was just pouring out of those maple trees and it wasn't even muddy.
Glimpse #5: Abby's FIRST walk outside, and Landon's first walk as a big boy with LaVell
a. He no longer rides in the stroller, but gets the honored position of holding a rope alongside the stroller. That's big time.
a. He no longer rides in the stroller, but gets the honored position of holding a rope alongside the stroller. That's big time. Glimpse #6: Springfield's first tornado of the season hit this afternoon. Holy cow do we have a lot of tornadoes go through here. I'm not kidding, every year we have at least two. Three springs ago we had about 6 in one season. Landon managed to sleep through Springfield's siren and then Rochester's siren, while we watched a storm blow through in a matter of five minutes. It was weird. It just rained here and the wind blew. No biggy.
Glimpse #7: Daylight Savings Time. I have some real mixed feelings about DST. I hate adjusting to it, but it's nice for it not to be dark right after you eat dinner. The next week we'll just battle through the adjusting. It's not like we're sleepin' normal hours around here anyway.
On Saturday, we made Landon suffer through a 2 and a half hour adventure at Lowe's pricing cabinets. He was really good while we were there, but the minute we walked out the door, he proceeded to punish us. We deserved it though. There are so many things to think about when remodeling a kitchen. I thought I had the biggest decision made when I decided on cabinet colors....WRONG-O. Now we're working on the real decisions. Namely the lay out and pricing. I'll keep you updated on Operation Functional Kitchen.
There's another project on the horizon, too. I've always wanted to try my hand at children's lit. writing, but never really had the time or inspiration to do it. I now have inspiration, I just need to find time. Aunt Lou's drawings of Maddy the Amazing Barking Dog, paired with a conversation at school that evolved from us putting in a pool to a vision of Stella laying on a deck in a bikini, has inspired me to turn a few family canines into super heroes. What kid wouldn't want to read about the adventures of Maddy the Amazing Barking Dog and Super Stella? That's a little cliche....I'm working on Stella's name. Any ideas? I'm hoping Aunt Lou puts her pic of Cartoon Stella up on her blog. (And by the way, I'm pretty flippin' proud of myself for adding a link here...take note)
So here's the video of the week. Another Dancin' Landon video. I know you've seen plenty of his moves, but I still am finding them very amusing, so you're just gonna have to stomach it.....or don't push the arrow button. I challenge you to resist. I don't think you can do it. :)
3 comments:
Oh, how I laughed. Combining soccer skils with dance. What a genius. I'd say he's progressed way past Jeff & Conni's School of Dance.
Also, I guess I better stop calling your dog Slobbery Stella, and start calling her Super Stell.
Uh, Megan, I am proud, very proud, that you posted a link on your site, however, the link is wrong. It points to ...blogpost.com not ...blogspot.com
I don't want to piss in your Cheerio's, but who better??
That child HAS to be in commercials, television, videos, movies, SOMETHING! What a HOOT!
Post a Comment